What college should I attend to become a software engineer?

I am studying 10th standard. I want to become a software engineer. But I do not know which college I should attend near K R Puram in India. #engineer #software #career #education #engineering #computer-software

Dinesh’s Answer

As of now, CSE is the most trending branch of engineering. In CSE you go with various programming languages and papers are a mix of theory and program coding. If one wish to go for CSE then you needs to be really good in coding. There are many colleges in India right now which yes, are really good when it comes about providing education in this branch.

Government colleges good for CSE branch are like IIT-B, IIT-D, IIT-K, IIT-Kgp, IIIT-H, IIT-C, IIIT-D, NIT-Trichi etc.

Private colleges good for CSE branch are like Bits-Pilani, DA-IICT, NIIT University, Manipal, VIT, etc.

here are the list of the colleges:

First- Including the IITs

1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
  2. IIIT Hyderabad
  3. IIT Bombay
  4. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
  5. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  6. IIT Kanpur
  7. BITS Pilani
  8. IIIT-Delhi - Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
  9. IIT Guwahati
  10. NIT Trichy

Second- Without IITs

1. IIIT Hyderabad ‘
  2. IIIT-Delhi - Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
  3. BITS Pilani
  4. NIT Trichy
  5. National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
  6. NIT WARANGAL
  7. Delhi Technological University
  8. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
  9. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
  10. National Institute of Technology Rourkela

Third- Private Universities

1. BITS Pilani
  2. IIIT Hyderabad (It’s a Public-Private Institute)
  3. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
  4. BIT Mesra
  5. LNMIIT, Jaipur
  6. VIT University

Again, it's depend on what your focus areas

Dinesh recommends the following next steps:

• More research on your top-choice degree programs
  • Start preparing to attend the entrance exams

Jaiwardhan’s Answer

Get out of the box zone and get into one of those nits or iits. You will surely thank me for all that sweat and the good engineer you become after the years of hard work and pursuit. Honestly it's never about the college, but the right nurturing environment you build yourself in. Get out of that comfort zone and get into real world challenging things. You might want to pen this down, you will realize this after some years.
Also there will be a difference in becoming a software engineer and a really good software engineer. One will because you don't have a choice or something similar, the other will be by your own interest into computers, algorithms and the fascination that you can take over the world with a small computer and build great things.
I hope you put your cards right for the long run. Follow your passion and interest into computers and you will be at the right place sooner. Hit me up for more questions. :)

Maria’s Answer

As a person who completed B.Tech outside Bangalore but then started working in Banaglore I would say that when it comes to education you should look outside of your comfort zone and that starts with the college you choose. Unlike buying a house, for a student choosing a college he/she should look at the curriculum, faculty and campus placement options while choosing a college. Nevertheless, I have met/worked with folks from these colleges in Bangalore- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, PES University.