Is hands on experience or textbook knowledge more important?

2

I plan on becoming a nurse and I realize both are important, however, the universities close to me are renowned for leaning on one of two sides. Either too much textbook knowledge, or too much hands on experience. Which do you think is better? #nursing #medicine #nurse #school #career #career-counseling

Hello Vivian, As a student, I believe both are important. I myself prefer going through books first, before you actually do hands on experience. The books cover a large amount of information. These are your basic and solid foundation. You would know what to do and less confused when you encounter a problem. Hands on experience is a great way to review what you have learnt from books. It helps you practice for real world. Therefore, books and hands on experience are inseparable. Quynh Chau D.
2

Estelle’s Answer

0
When it comes to practicing medicine, and strong textbook foundation is absolutely critically important. However, hands on experience is what really makes a physician highly skilled in my opinion.
0

Aaron A.’s Answer

0
Nursing schools and medical schools look for two major qualities: grades and effort. Maintaining a GPA above 3.25 is real good for nursing school. Having hands on experience is always good. So keep your grades above 3.25 and do volunteer or hands on work and it will put you above 70% of applicants.
0