What is the best way to get a schedule reduced?

7

What would be the best way to reduce a schedule to graduate early? #graduate-school #college-advice #college #school

7

Ashley’s Answer

2
Hi Jeffrey,

I hope all is well. If you are a high school student, I would suggest taking Dual-Enrollment courses at your school/local college or Advanced Placement (AP) courses to initiate the completion of some college credits. Side-note: with Dual-enrollment courses you just have to take the class and pass it to receive college credit; with AP courses you have to take and pass an exam at the end of the school year with a minimum score of 3 to receive some type of college credit. Your high school counselor or college advisor may assist with this process.

If you are a college student, I suggest taking a look at your degree-audit and comparing courses that may overlap and fulfill several requirements for the completion of your degree. You can create an appointment with your advisor for further assistance.

Kind regards,
Ashley Garcia

Ashley recommends the following next steps:

• High School Student - Dual-Enrollment Courses / Advanced Placement Opportunities
  • College Student- Look at degree audit & schedule appointment with advisor
2

Kristin’s Answer

1
Hi, Jeffrey.

Ashley and Carlton offered some great advice! I would also recommend taking virtual classes, if possible. Most likely, the college you attend will offer (and encourage you to take) virtual classes at some point. If you haven't taken one before, virtual classes allow for flexibility so you can work ahead and finish early. Even if your high school doesn't offer this option, you may be able to take a few courses through another state program. As Ashley advised, it's always best to check with your guidance counselor to make sure you're on the right track.

Kristin

Kristin recommends the following next steps:

• Ask guidance counselor about virtual class options
1

Carlton’s Answer

1
In addition to Ashley’s great answers I would recommend stacking up on summer courses at your local community college during the breaks to come! (Do ensure that they are transferable though!) 😁
1

0
Take as many AP or IB courses in high school. You have a lot of years of education in front of you and getting college credit in high school can save you time and money. With credit by exam and taking summer classes I was able to graduate with a bachelor's degree in 3 years.
0

Britni’s Answer

0
Hi, I would say take as many AP courses in high school as you can, but make sure that they're transfer over as college credit in the future. Also, while in college, I would suggest taking summer courses so you can try to get ahead/finish early. That way, you can focus on your core classes during the school year and not have to rush to finish courses. Good luck with everything!
0

Riley’s Answer

0
Hi Jeffrey, to begin I would suggest that if you are still in high school you should enroll in as many AICE/AP/dual enrollment courses as you can handle. I took several AICE courses in high school, so when I entered college and provided my transcripts I came in with 12 credits already completed (which is equivalent to one college semester). This is a great route to go because it will not only look great on your application, but you could come into college with a semester or even an entire year already completed.
Something that I have done while in college is taking at least one course every summer during my college life. By either taking a course that you need at a community college near your home or staying at university over the summer to take a course, you can easily squeeze more classes into the typical 4-year program. Furthermore, most colleges will require you to take at least 4 classes per semester, but by taking 5 or even sometimes 6 you can usually get ahead by an entire semester in the long run.

Riley recommends the following next steps:

• Take AP/AICE/dual enrollment courses!
  • Take summer courses!
0

Blake’s Answer

0
100% best thing, in my opinion, is to take summer classes at your local community college. This is the only thing that I regret not doing for my college experience. It saves you money as well as time by completing this while you're still in high school.
0