is it possible to find a job that you not only enjoy but also allows you to earn money?

6

i enjoy cooking, doing art and designing different things.

#art #design #career #artist #graphic-design

6

2
Caireen — I know finding your dream career isn’t easy, and the path can be scary. I remember it well. But just because it’s daunting doesn’t mean it’s not worth it!

MAKE A WISH LIST

Overwhelmed by the need to make a decision? Whether you know exactly what you want to do or not, knowing how to get there is tricky. In order to find your dream career, you need to carefully sort through your options in order to find the best route. Make a list of all your options, whether those are tangible job opportunities, education, or career paths. Once you have everything written down, you can parse out what isn’t exactly right, and narrow your goals. Try to create as many options for yourself, so you have plenty to choose from. You can also rank your options from best to worst, and even combine some that may be similar.

CREATE A ROAD MAP

What you’re good at, what companies need, and what you like to do might all be different, but it’s important to try to find the overlap between the three. That’s how you find your optimal career path. Rather than looking at job titles, consider your interests, hobbies, and skills, and then work out how those translate. While you’re at it, look back at your hobbies to give you perspective to your future. What did you enjoy doing in previous jobs? What did you dislike? Knowing your values, passions, and skills will help you understand what kind of career you should pursue. And being alert of these factors means you can actively seek out careers that require your specific talents.

GO VIRAL

Whether you’re actively searching for a new career, or just trying to get a sense of what path you should be on, networking is a great way to dip your feet in the waters. The more people you meet, the more insight you can get into what the work environment is like, what the people are like, and how they enjoy the work. And if you are looking for that next job, networking is crucial. Surveys show about 85% of jobs are filled through networking!

THE SHADOW KNOWS

Job shadowing lets you try out a career for a day to see if you're really interested. You might like the idea of a job, but not like the day-to-day rhythms and challenges of it. Liking a "typical day" on the job will mean greater success for you down the road. When you're on the job shadow, ask questions about what the person likes and dislikes about that job, what a good career path looks like, and what more you need to do to get your foot in the door. Next, look for companies in your area that have these opportunities. Contact the company about job shadowing. Start with companies that you know of, specifically those at which you know someone personally. Reach out to those individuals first and ask about job shadowing opportunities. If you don’t know anyone at the company, don’t be afraid to call or email someone in the Human Resources department.

Think about how much time you’ll spend at work in your lifetime — 90,000 hours for the average person. You want to make sure you’re using your time to your advantage, by pursuing a career that makes you happy, aligns with your values, utilizes your talents, and more. You have the power to get there, and now you have the tools to get started. Reach for the Stars!

Hope this was Helpful Caireen
2

Justin’s Answer

1
Anything is possible if you are willing to try. Doing something that you enjoy while earning money at the same time can achievable depending on what you really enjoy. For example, if you likes cycling, you can signed up with online food delivery platform and start delivering food on a bicycle while earning money at the same time. However, I am sure that is not what you are asking here. I believe that what you are looking for is passion. You need to find where you passion is and work towards it. And passion are found usually in places when you are least expecting it. Do keep an open mind and stay positive. Do not be afraid to fail and more importantly do not give up!
1

Veronica’s Answer

0
Hi Careen,

I think i agree with Justin's answer. The short answer is YES. But then of course, there are things to consider. If you want to earn money to have a plane on your own and a mansion, it might be harder :) but for a balanced life yes.

From my perspective, first make sure you find out what you really like and you are passionate about and after that, be open to find out opportunities. I believe that when we follow what we like, the door opens with opportunities but we need to be able to see them.
Also, from my perspective, it could happen that you find a job that you like but it's not your absolute passion, but pays you well to give you the opportunity to also do what you are passionate about until you find a job in that. For example, I'm passionate about kids and giving back. I would have probably looked to work with an NGO but when i finished school (Business) i had the opportunity to work on a big international company. In there, i was earning money and i find out that they have volunteering programs where i could work on my passion!!!! My goal now is to save enough money that I can go in a couple of years to work on an NGO and have a lower salary (NGOs generally pay lower salaries).

Veronica recommends the following next steps:

• write a list of things that you like or you are passionate about
  • Then write a second list of jobs that you know would be doing at some point those things.
  • Share that list with people to see if you "missed " a job that you did not know (like me...working with Kids while working on a Business Company)
0

ho’s Answer

0
woo! I think I was same with you. I have a lot of things want to do. One year age I want to be an actress. But good actress is not easy to be also I need to worry about the money. In my place, Macau. if you only be actress that you will starve to death. But right now I just find some job is very suitable for myself. I like to communicate with different people. nowadays my work is connect with people also hander their problems .
0

Kimberly’s Answer

0
Absolutely! The best advice I got in college is to do what you love for work, and the money will come. If you're passionate about your work and job, you will be motivated to work harder and do your best. If you become the best in your field, others will look to you for expertise and want to hire you or pay you as a consultant or influencer in the creative world.

I work in marketing and truly enjoy it. I get to be creative and produce photo shoots and ads, but also use my business degree.

Kimberly recommends the following next steps:

• Seek an internship in your desired field to learn if you will love doing it long term as a career.
0

Jemima A.’s Answer

0
Hi Caireen

Nothing it is impossible..You can get jobs you enjoy doing and earn a lot from.
0