What are suitable bachelor degrees to be a litigation lawyer?

2

I want to be a trial attorney in the future and was exploring either psychology or political science or even both. What are other suggestions that could help in my career as a possible trial attorney? #career #future #triallawyer #bachelorsdegree #college

2

Randolph’s Answer

0
Hi Rach,

I love your career choice! I think one thing is certain: you are going to have an exciting life. In my career in family law, I don’t get trials too often. But when I do, it’s a thrill to prepare and then get into court to present my case. There’s something about being in that courtroom in the heat of battle trying to get all of your evidence presented to the court that gets the juices flowing.
As for what major you should take before law school, both sound like good options. One recommendation I have is for you to watch the movie “My Cousin Vinny”. Not only is it hilarious, but I think it demonstrates what it takes to be a litigation attorney. You can see how Vinny turns a case around via clever use of cross-examination and his presentation of evidence. That is essentially what being a litigation attorney is all about. If that’s exciting to you, then you are going in the right direction.
Good luck to you!!!
0

Krishna’s Answer

0
I have a good amount of friends who are applying to law school/already in law school right now. Majors ranged from psychology to health science to business to communications. If you want to be a litigation lawyer, I think having a background in political science, international relations, or business can be quite useful. Also, keep in mind that you do not need to be a certain major to apply to law school. Any major can apply and those majors that are out of norm actually are advantageous as you will stick out. Major in what you truly are passionate about, not what you think you need to major in. Either way, you will be able to apply to law school and become a litigation lawyer.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
0