Best study strategies in Nursing School?

Updated Aledo, Texas

I do not have the best study strategies currently, but they have gotten me this far. I will be attending nursing school this fall for the ADN program. I will pursue a BSN, and eventually would like to pursue a degree in Nurse Midwifery. What are some of the best study strategies that worked for you? How did your study strategies differ before you were in nursing school. Did you have to dedicate more time and did your social life suffer? #medicine #nursing #healthcare #registered-nurses #pediatric-nursing #nursing-education #nurses

Candace’s Answer

Updated Austin, Texas

I think the key to good study habits is determining what works best for you and being consistent with it. Do you study better in a group or by yourself? Do you retain information better when you study at night or during the day? Do you like to listen to music when you're studying. or do you prefer silence? Once you determine what works best for you then be consistent with it and do it daily. Review notes from your classes on the same day as the class. I think this better helps you retain information particularly important points discussed in class. And work hard and don't give up. Hope this helps. All the best