Is there anything that made you become a doctor?

3

I chose to become a physician because I have many family members who are physicians and it looked like a field in which I find job satisfaction. However, I did not truly become passionate about the field of medicine until my third year of medical school during clinical rotations. That was the first time I saw an image guided procedure. I was fascinated by the intersection between medical imaging and treatment. I decided that I wanted to become an interventional radiologist. Now I get to perform image guided procedures every day including angiograms, TIPS, radioembolization of tumors with Y-90, and thermal ablation of tumors.
0

Philomena’s Answer

Whilst growing up i visited the hospital frequently because i was sick often. I was exposed to the noble profession at a tender age and i was amazed at how drugs could make me feel better though i didnt like them. so i kind of like wanted to perform that magic with drugs. it was a natural desire i had and told my parents about. My parents were supportive, so that made me not to disappoint them
0

Estelle’s Answer

My family has lots of different healthcare providers, from doctors to dentists to nurses and PA's. I saw that the healthcare opportunities were boundless. I also know that there will always be plenty of jobs in the medical field. Finally, the practice of medicine itself is very rewarding.
0