What is the best thing to do if i have no interest in college?

I have no interest in going to college. What would be the best non college career path to take. #career-paths #career-path #careers

7

William there are many certificate programs you can complete depending on the jobs you want to pursue. Some certificate programs can last two or more years while others can be completed in six months or less. While longer certificate programs can sometimes earn higher wages, six-month programs allow you to find and acquire jobs faster so you can begin earning more quickly.

1. PERSONAL TRAINER • 8 Week Certification Process
One of the quickest certifications that can lead to a high paying job is a personal trainer certification. Now, keep in mind there are a lot of options for personal trainer certifications, but what you want to focus on if you want a high paying job is one that is NCCA-certified. NCCA, or the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, is the gold standard for fitness certifications. If you want to work at a high-paying gym or another professional fitness environment, it is very likely they’ll want you to have a certification that is NCCA-certified.

2. COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER • 8 Week Certification Process
If the appeal of the open road sounds good to you, a career as a commercial truck driver behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler may be your calling. There are Commercial Driver License (CDL) courses that last just seven weeks, with full-time, 40-hour per week enrollment. The Class A CDL is the pinnacle of certifications and allows you to drive a wide variety of trucks and pull heavier (and often more lucrative) loads. One of the major attractions of the trucking industry is how quickly you can get a job once you have your license. According to a study from Trucking.org, there is a shortage of nearly 40,000 drivers, meaning drivers are currently in high demand.

3. REAL ESTATE BROKER • 8 Week Certification Process
Although real estate brokers can choose to earn undergraduate degrees related to real estate and finance, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that a high school diploma was the minimum educational requirement for this career field. Nevertheless, licensing guidelines in most states require applicants to complete postsecondary coursework related to real estate and finance. Real estate undergraduate courses include real estate law, property management, real estate investments, real estate appraisal, and property development. Several institutions also provide real estate certificate programs, some of which are related specifically to the real estate broker career field.

4. WED DEVELOPER • 3 Month Certification Process
These days web development is all the rage. While you used to have to go to college to get a technical degree in computer science, web development students can now attend reputable web development boot camps where they will learn valuable skills they can use for a junior development job, as an entrepreneur to launch a proprietary website or app, or to complement your existing skill sets. While there are numerous ways to learn to code, these boot camps will give you the most well-rounded education, fast. It is not uncommon to find a coding school that you can complete in under three months.

5. PHARMACY TECHNICIAN • 3 Month Certification Process
Certified pharmacy technicians work directly with pharmacists to administer prescriptions. To become a pharmacy technician, you'll need a high school diploma and should consider formal training resulting in a certificate and associate's degree, which is preferred by some employers. Many technicians learn through on-the-job training and most states have regulations for pharmacy technicians, which may result in a license, while some states and employers require certification. You'll also need customer service, organizational, listening and math skills, attention to detail and the ability to use automatic bottle filling machines and label-making software.

6. PARALEGAL • 8 Month Certification Process
For those that enjoy clerical work and also have a penchant for the law, a paralegal career is an excellent choice. There are no universal requirements for a paralegal, but there are several possible educational paths a potential paralegal might take. Educational options include certificate programs and degree programs. The American Bar Association (ABA) approves educational programs for paralegals. However, only a little over a quarter of the available associate and bachelor's degree programs are ABA-approved. Any programs that offer a degree entirely online are not ABA-approved, because the ABA requires that at least ten semester hours of courses related to the law be taken in a traditional classroom.

7. DENTAL ASSISTANT • 9 Month Certification Process
Certificate programs in dental assisting focus on providing the knowledge and skills needed to perform chairside assisting functions. Students are introduced to basic lab procedures, clinical support services, and business office duties. Certificate programs provide a broad educational experience that includes theoretical classroom instruction, applied practice in skill labs and clinical community phases that allow students to become competent in all dental assisting functions. During the course of dental assistant training programs, individuals gain valuable work experience through clinical rotations and internship opportunities in dental school clinics, dental offices and community clinics. They also learn about patient record keeping, equipment sterilization, patient relations, and laboratory procedures.

8. FIREFIGHTER • 12 Month Certification Process
A career as a fire fighter usually requires no more than a high school diploma, but many fire fighters go on to earn degrees in fire science in order to advance in their careers. Most candidates must complete intensive training programs that include education as well as physical training. In addition, fire fighters are usually required to earn certification as emergency medical technicians (EMTs). Those choosing a career in firefighting may be able to enter an apprentice program with a fire department that often leads to an offer of a firefighting position. Once they are hired, new recruits participate in vigorous physical training exercises before they are permitted to enter the field. Nearly all fire fighters in the United States must be certified as emergency medical technicians (EMTs) before being allowed in the field. This training can take up to one year to complete and also results in EMT-Basic certification.

As you can see William, there are numerous options for interesting, fulfilling work in a variety of industries with minimal education requirements and high salaries. Many of these jobs place a high value on skills you may already possess, such as interpersonal skills or organizational skills. You can also increase your earning potential with more training and experience on the job.

I hope this was Helpful William

2

Chris’s Answer

William - college is not for everyone, but you need to understand what you are interested or passionate about in order to map out a path forward. Many people go to trade school to learn a skill (carpentry, construction, electrician, MANY others...) and this provides you with a pathway to the workforce faster than a college education.

1

Hannah’s Answer

what are you interested in?

1

Brian’s Answer

I need a little more information to be of concrete assistance, William. The one thing I can tell you for sure is; don't go to college! ;)

I say it tongue in cheek, but am serious. you know you have no interest, so don't waste the money. As Chris mentioned above, there are plenty of trades that are great careers. They key is to find out what you are interested in.

It's also acceptable to not know what you want to do. Life is long and varied. Take a year off and work as a fry cook and explore your passions. See what resonates with you. The mistake a lot of young people make is that they think they have to choose and be locked in forever. It's not their fault. We were conditioned this way and we passed it down to you. Learn what you like and pick a thing. If you pick wrong, pick again. Keep picking until you find what works for you. Just be mindful of the costs of your choices and spend a little time thinking it over.

When you are ready to narrow things down come on back and we will ne here for you. :)

0

Alexandra’s Answer

I think that having skills related to real estate and home remodeling are very valuable and you can make more than many college grads with work like this. Are you interested in helping people put TLC in a fixer upper house, for example? Looking into painting, HVAC, flooring, landscaping, roof maintenance and replacement services, pool building and maintenance, fences, septic systems, plumbing, electrician work etc. might be good. People always need professionals in that area. I say that as someone who does not work in that area at all, but who learned some skills and saved about $3,000 by putting tiles in a bathroom without having to hire a contractor.

0

Ruth-Anne’s Answer

I have several family members and friends who chose not to get a college degree. Here are some of the areas that they chose:

1. If you like computers, there are several certifications that would get your foot in the door. The basic cybersecurity certifications can net you a really good paying job and additional job experience can net you further certifications on which you can build a career.

2. Trades such as electrician, welder, heating and air conditioning technician, carpenter, plumber) are seeing a sharp decline in qualified workers because many tradesmen are approaching retirement age, but new workers are not entering the field. The US Government has a program to match potential apprentices to open positions. In addition, union locals for a particular trade may offer apprenticeships.

3. The military offers many training opportunities. One family member earned his instrument and electrical (I&E) tech certification in the Air Force. One friend earned his nuclear operations certifications in the Navy. Another friend learned computer networking in the Air Force.

Ruth-Anne recommends the following next steps:

https://securitytrails.com/blog/best-cybersecurity-certifications-beginners
https://www.apprenticeship.gov/become-apprentice
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/certificate-programs-that-lead-to-high-paying-jobs-4171913

0

Gloria’s Answer

Hi William.

There are a lot of jobs that you can do without a college degree. It can be difficult to go to college without the focus of a career. I did that. I started college before really understanding what I wanted to do. I did not have the competitive streak that would have got me into a journalism program where is where I started.

I would follow on a question from someone earlier. You still need to ask yourself - what are you interested in doing? This question can be difficult, so I would start with what you like to do. What would you do even if you weren't paid to do it? That is something to consider. You can be successful in work by making sure to do something that you love.

One thing that I want to tell you about is my experience with college. I did find a career that I loved and I did it without a college degree. I was proud of that accomplishment, since I was very successful. Until there was a change in the industry. Then I was laid off and could not get hired in my chosen career because I did not have a degree. I mention this to tell you - you do not have want to go college now. Just don't discount the fact that you may need to go to college in the future. To me, that is a great way to go. Once you know what you want to do, college becomes a lot more attractive. And it gives you the passion to get you through a two-year or four-year program in college.

Good luck on your job hunting.
Gloria

0