What is a career that involves business and travel?

6

Simeon’s Answer

I'd say marketing and accounting involve a lot of travel. It really depends more on which company you get hired by rather than the specific business degree. One of the more sure-fire ways I'm aware of is to join one of the big 4 accounting/audit firms: PwC, EY, KPMG, and Deloitte. These companies have global reach and you can get a shot of transferring internationally if you let your career team know that is your goal early on. I would also narrow down what you're looking for from "international travel" to specific countries you have an interest in visiting. From there, you can research which companies have a strong or expanding presence in that country and work backwards from there about what degree you would like to pursue. Many companies reward employees that willingly transfer to a key country the company is expanding in and give them the opportunity to move up the ladder quickly.

This was extremely helpful, thank you for answering. Bianca F.

Agree with Simeon regarding professional services. Great way to see across different industries and technical competencies, and travel is usually part of the job (COVID aside of course). Jill DeMello

0

Michelle’s Answer

Sales and Business Development, Marketing, Consulting, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Journalism, Performing Arts (e.g., Acting, Music), Talent Recruiting, Career Development Training and Advising

0

Masy’s Answer

I was/am in IT, Finance and Telecoms, and found that working for multi-national companies opens up opportunities to travel if you are flexible and willing to take the risk and move around. Working for a german company before, while I was based in Asia, allowed me to travel not only around the asian region but also around Europe. Now that I am based in the US with a wireless carrier, my work has taken me all over the USA, to attend meetings, conferences, meet with coworkers in the regions that I manage.

What do you think I need to do as a junior in high school in order to get to that position because it sounds extremely interesting. Like what classes should I be looking into major or even minor in. Also I am not very interested in stocks, do you do lots of work with stocks. Bianca F.

0

Samantha’s Answer

If you're interested in both business and travel, I'd definitely look into consulting. There are many different types of consulting that involve substantial travel, both within the U.S. and internationally. Many of the Big 4 accounting firms (which have many consulting opportunities) also allow you to do international placements in different countries if that's something that interests you. Beyond consulting, I'd also recommend looking into jobs in hospitality, as there are often business and operations management jobs in hospitality that involve travel. You should also consider roles at airlines, as there are often great opportunities in the finance departments of airlines. One major perk of working for an airline is that you'll likely be able to get heavily discounted flights when you do your own personal travel.

0

Jessica’s Answer

Working for a global company can also open up the world of travel! I work for a company with locations around the US, Asia, and the UK. Sometimes they'll ask people with experience with certain software or processes to help roll out something similar in different sites. Also working for the Cruiseline industry can create great opportunities to travel (while building ships, launching ports, dry dock maintenance on ships, etc.).

0

Abbie’s Answer

Tons! If you are wanting to combine the two maybe look at the event industry or sales type of role.

0