What is the best way to prepare for an interview?

Updated Bayville, New York

Honestly, I have not been on many interviews within my lifetime. However, during my Principles of Professional Psych course at Kean University my class as a whole had to do a one on one brief interview with the professor in front of the entire class. The professor asked us a numerous amount of questions regarding our positions in which were applying for. I am just a little curious to know if this is very similar applying to the real world. I have experienced a few number of interviews at places such as Trinity Solar whereas it was not even a "real" interview. I walked in, took a seat, and was read my duties as to what I would be doing. I immediately was hired on the spot. No questions were asked regarding my background and why I was even there. This was so bizarre to me. Some feedback, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. #interviews #interviewing-skills #interviewing #interview-preparation #personal-development

Jorge’s Answer

Updated State of Rio Grande do Sul, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Hi Mitchell,

Some important "tips" I can give you:

• Find out your strengths and weaknesses (what you are doing to beat your weaknesses points)
  • Read about the history of the company
  • Go further and read some articles about the company's industry - show to the interviewer you are prepared
  • If you know the interviewer's name, memorize the name and call him by his name
  • Always look in the eyes of the interviewer
  • Look for frequently asked questions and put it on paper

Hope I Helped you

Greetings from Brazil :)

Poonam’s Answer

Updated Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Here are the best interview preparation for fresher:

1. RESUME:

A resume is the primary tool to land a job. Create your resume as per the job profile the organization is putting forth and underlining your strength desired for the job. Keep in mind a certain something, that the points you are specifying in it ought to be the ones, you are actually intended to. This ought not be ranting and not be false just to impress the hiring manger.

2. EMPLOYER INFORMATION:

Before going to any interview for any organization, ensure you know enough about the organization and you are ready to work in this organization. To achieve this, go through the company profile and the current position of the organization. It will help you to comprehend them and give you more confidence. So, invest efforts in this during your interview preparation.

3. YOUR ATTIRE SHOULD PORTRAY THAT YOU MEAN BUSINESS:

Your dressing sense is the reflection of your identity. It characterizes the society you come from. Dress like you represent them. A formal suit is recommended. Dark trousers and a white shirt would be the best blend. Abstain from wearing coloured shirts and trousers. Resemble a professional.

for more :Interview preparation for fresher

Karine’s Answer

Updated Montpellier, Occitanie, France

Great Question answer is PREPARE :-)

• Know your self ( note your strengths with an real example, your gaps and what do you do to overcome them, what are your values and aspirations)
  • Do not talk through your resume but exercise in front of the mirror to present yourself personally and professionally inn 2 minutes only : If you do it well it will sounds like a nice story, factual but THRUE because it is YOU and your history, experiences...
  • Do your homeworks ! Always google the company you are having the interview with, Linked In can help for the person doing the interview finding some things about his life or experience you can relate too.
  • Test yourself with a colleague, friend, boss etc. ... or on real interviews you are not intestered about the more you practice the more confident you will be for the job of your life !

Hope this helps and good luck !

Ali’s Answer

Updated Washington

Research potential behavioral interview questions and align experiences (work, extracurricular) that answer the question. Use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) to answer questions and tell your story.

Carole’s Answer

Updated Rancho Palos Verdes, California

I would like to answer some of your questions about Interviewing for a job: Let's start with the interview that you had and they did not ask you anything regarding your skills and experience. This is a little unusual, but odd things happen when it comes to the interviewing process. Here are some suggestions: 1. Go with knowledge about the company your are interviewing with so that you will be more comfortable no matter what they ask you. 2. Come prepared with a copy of your resume and references, so if they ask you for another copy you have one ready. 3. The questions that your teacher gave you are great preparation just to be able to answer them in a proper manner. Maybe go over some of those with a friend. 4. When they call you for an interview appointment, you might ask the name of your interviewer and then if possible look up this person on the web site to what his/her title is and that might give you a clue of how the questions will be structured. If it is a member of Human Resources they usually have lots of skill and ability questions along with a scenario or story of a problem that you have to solve with your knowledge. 5. Sometimes it is a round table with 6 people shooting questions at you. I have experienced this and in this case I feel it is important to take your time to think before you speak and the more you know about yourself and the company the easier that is. Bottom line is the be truthful in what you say, because good interviewers can tell when you are fudging or not telling the truth. Also if they check on your previous jobs or references they may get a different answer. SO BE TRUTHFUL. 6. I would purchase a good interviewing book such as: "The Job Search Solution" by Tony Beshara; or "The 250 Job Interview Questions" by Peter Veruki. These help will you become more confident about going on interviews because you will feel more knowledgeable about how to answer. 7. Researching the company is a must, because then they will be aware of the fact that you took the time to get facts about their company. It is a step above the other interviewee. It might be possible for you to ask a question concerning this company at this point. That will show again that you are interested. 8. Clothing is another factor in interviewing. If you are coming from work and you work was casual dress, bring a jacket that makes your outfit look more like an interview outfit, so that they know that you care what they think about you. 9. My motto for interviewing is: PREPARE FOR ANYTHING THAT IS THROWN YOUR WAY; LOOK LIKE YOU ARE READY FOR BUSINESS; SPEAK SLOWLY AND DISTINCTLY SO YOU ARE UNDERSTOOD; ANY NERVOUS TWITCHES ARE A DISTRACTION SO KEEP THOSE IN ORDER; HAVE SOME QUESTION FOR THEM IN CASE THEY ASK YOU; AND PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD IN YOUR MIND SO IT SHOWS UP IN THE INTERVIEW.

I wish you the best in your future interviewing process; Follow the advice listed in the books I suggested and you will feel very confident for interviewing.