Alexa O.’s Avatar

Alexa O.

91

2

Do you think in today's society it is hard for teachers to aid students in forming their individuality, due to the strict curriculum and standards that are placed on them?

I am asking this because I want to be a teacher, and i have asked teachers this very question. I have noticed this, not just in my school, but in many across the country, that teachers aren't given free range to teach what their education has provided them with. Instead, teachers are given pre-planned curriculum and told how to introduce it. That is not why educators spent continuous hours learning how to be a proper teacher. These days teachers lack the sense of importance in their students lives, caused by the cookie cutter lessons the county imposes on them. #education #japan #principal #student-development #facilitators #teacher #teaching #teacher-training

Maya Angelou, famous speaker and poet, once said "people won't remember what you said and people won't remember what you did but they will remember how you made them feel."  If you treat your students as individuals and they see you as a role model, you perhaps will have accomplished your goal. And if you reach just one student, consider yourself a success!   With every good wish.

Last updated Aug 02 at 09:06
Yes I do think it is more difficult but you can work around it and plan to teach curriculum in ways that encourage individuality. If means more work on your part, recognizing ways of individually teaching students and encouraging them to often think outside the box. Difficult but important to do, as creative thinking is so important for the growth of our culture
Last updated Oct 19 '17 at 20:49