Is majoring in both Business and Health a smart choice?

I graduated top of my finance major in high school, but I found finance to be a field I would not interested in as a career. At the same time, I have developed a new interest in health and learning all about how to take care of oneself's body. business health marketing career-counseling business-management

6

Brielle’s Answer

Hello Everyone! I think that majoring in both business and health can be a smart choice. In every industry, business can play a key role in how a company operates-especially health care. While I am someone who personally did not want to pursue a major in science, being able to work on the business side in health care has opened my eyes to the importance of creating health plans and selling. I think that by majoring in both of these areas, one can really learn a lot and explore different careers and options!
1

Marilyn’s Answer

If you're up for the work of a double major, it sounds like a great idea. Pursuing multiple passions allows you options, and will show future employers the unique perspective you can bring to your work. You may be able to find a career that incorporates both of your majors- there are many health focused careers that benefit from an understanding of how to run a business. If you're able, try and connect with some health and business alumni from your high school or college (via your career department) to learn about their academic and career paths, that may help you feel more knowledgeable and confident in your decision. Remember that having multiple interests and strengths is a positive thing, and that you can always change your career path as you learn more. Good luck!
1

Sunil’s Answer

Hi Ally,
yes, absolutely! Whereever you can bring a specialized skill set and perspective to an industry, you can help that said industry. Consider going for an MPH (Masters in Public Health) or even becoming an MD or RN or Physician's Assistant, or getting an MBA --- all with a view to becoming a hospital or practice administrator.
1

McKay’s Answer

There is a lot you can do with a health and business major. You can open a health business and have a better reputation from your major in health. You can go into medical sales and be very successful from knowing how to explain what you're selling to doctors. If I could go back and re-do college I would opt for this path personally. If you're dedicated, do it.
0

Dr.Monika’s Answer

Greetings from India Ally,
It is certainly a great idea to explore health as a major. It is good to be well versed about finance, as your major in high school. However, it is still not too late to pursue your passion. As you seem to be interested in Health, it is wise to learn more and more about this area. The pandemic has taught all of us how important health is, not just the physical domain, but also the mental, spiritual, social and emotional domains. You will definitely be able to take care of your health first, but also guide others around you to stay healthy and happy. I wish you all the very best with whatever you decide to pursue as a career. Irrespective, do remember, health is important for everyone and cannot be compromised.
0