4

what career best fits me?

#medicine #sports # #sports-medicine #nursing #healthcare #medical-education #teaching #hospital-and-health-care #nurse

4

1

Tamara’s Answer

Hello Dilysia,

To find the career that best suits you, you could do the following:

Assess your skills and abilities to determine the areas in which you are interested. Many sources for assessment exist, including the book _What Color Is Your Parachute? 2021: Your Guide to a Lifetime of Meaningful Work and Career Success_ by Richard Bolles and Dr. Katherine Brooks, Myers-Briggs, and StrengthsFinder.

Next, look for a career that will allow you to utilize those skills and abilities. You determine this by doing the following:

Read information about careers that might be the best fit. One source is “Occupational Outlook Handbook” by U.S. Bureau of Labor of Statistics (https://www.bls.gov/ooh/a-z-index.htm).

Interview professionals in careers that might be the best fit.

Intern in careers that might be the best fit.

Take courses in careers that might be the best fit.

Attend events, conferences, and presentations in careers that might be the best fit.

Also, know your personal and professional values and goals. For instance, do you value adventure or stability? Do you value independent work or group work? Your personal and professional values and goals can determine which career and even which position within a career is the best fit.

1
0

What is your passion? I am betting you can make a career of it.
Thank you comment icon I agree with John. You may not have a passion, however, and feel that you like everything or nothing that you see as career choices. Otherwise , why would you ask the question, right? In that case, I'd say try being in an environment where you can see what people do. Volunteer, ask, and be frank about what you are looking for . We all have been in your situation. A kind soul will guide you. Yvonne Lalyre. Ed.D.
0
0

Mariah’s Answer

Building on Tamara's answer, I'd also recommend understanding which tasks give you energy and which drain your energy.

You may end up being really good at some things that you dread or that feel exhausting to work on. Those drainers are something you want to try to limit. You'll want to maximize or pursue careers where you mainly have energizing tasks.

It's also normal to make adjustments and changes as you go along. Sometimes a life experience can impact your career goals or open up a new pathway you hadn't considered so its good to reevaluate your goals and passions as you continue to learn and grow.

0
0

Claude’s Answer

what career best fits me?

What do you like to do? What are your interests? This should determine you career direction.

I'm sure you've heard the saying; "if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life." This saying is true. You're job will never feel like"work" or a burden.
0