2
Updated 55 views Translate

Any advice for Starting an electrical apprenticeship right out of trade school?

Im currently attending trade school working on building my foundation and i would really appriciate any feedback or information on getting into the electrical field. Thanks in advance!

Thank you comment icon My advice is to search for jobs suggested by your school. Most schools or colleges provide a job board that contains different jobs of various job types like internships, full time, part time. Most jobs are pretty good paid and stable, you can try to find a job using this method. Good luck!! Ka Shing C.
Thank you comment icon Hey thanks i really appreciate your advice! Dennis D.

2

0

Jackson’s Answer

My advice is not to get electrocuted.

All kidding aside, safety is number one. Don't goof around hurting yourself and others. Follow the direction and study hard in the trade school.

I want you to practice the habit of "begin with the end in mind." The reason you are attending trade school and getting into the electric field is because....

Assuming you want to make a decent living as a licensed electrician (the end goal), you need to have an electrician license (working backward). You need to pass the electrician license test to obtain an electrician license (working backward). You need to take relevant courses in a trade school that will prepare you to pass the electrician license test (working backward).

Jackson recommends the following next steps:

Talk to your trade school instructors and learn the life of an license electrician.
Thank you comment icon Hey thanks man i really appreciate you taking the time Dennis D.
0
0

Scott’s Answer

Dennis, Im sure your trade school has close ties with the local IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) . Get in touch with them now, start networking and let them know your desire to start working right away. I know there are plenty of apprenticeship opportunities at the moment, almost all skilled trades are offering these kinds of programs.
Thank you comment icon I appreciate you taking the time to answer this. Dennis D.
Thank you comment icon Thank you !!!! Dennis D.
0