8

What is the best coding language to start with?

I would like to know what coding languages that can be used universally and where I could learn them from.

Thank you comment icon Personally, I started with Python. It is very easy and straight forward. Dominic

8

5

Harish’s Answer

Python is a relatively simple language to start with; it uses dynamic typing (which means you don't need to define the type of each variable; the system automatically figures out the type during runtime) and the syntax is easier to work with than C++ or Java.

Html/CSS are pretty easy on the front-end side; you can gain exposure to how scripting works, and dabble with JavaScript as well. You can directly see the output of what you code/script in real time, and thus you won't have to deal with annoying compile errors while you're still learning to code.

SQL is useful too, and relatively simple compared to other programming languages. It's used for reading/editing information from databases, and should be pretty fun too

You can use online sites like geeksforgeeks/baeldung/udemy/coursera to learn the material, and leetcode/hackerrank to practice problems.

Harish recommends the following next steps:

Learn Html/CSS/JavaScript
Learn Python
Learn SQL
Thank you comment icon Thank you for giving me advice. Benjamin
5
1

Pooja’s Answer

Hi Benjamin - Python along with SQL are widely used languages and I would recommend LinkedIn learning courses to get started. Hands on practice labs with right IDE's is the best way to go about learning. Good Luck, Thanks!
1
1

Atul’s Answer

Python, Java Script, Java, Go, C++ listed in the priority order.
Thank you comment icon I am really grateful you took the time to answer this question. Benjamin
Thank you comment icon Agree with most of the answers above. Python and Javascript. Start here: https://www.codecademy.com/ Michael Wilson
1
0

Agree with the answers above: Python and Javascript, the latter especially if you are interested in website development.

Michael recommends the following next steps:

https://www.codecademy.com/
Thank you comment icon Thank you for sharing your perspective. Benjamin
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

Thank you for your question. I am glad that you are interested in coding.
If you are interested in coding, you can start to do it any time, i.e. does not require to wait to start it in the university. Also, practices makes perfect!
Below are my suggestions :
1. Choose an easy programming language to start with, e.g. Scratch, Python, etc.
2. Learn the syntax and structure of the language. There are plenty of resources online.
3. Start doing some simple coding using the language.
4. After you have familiarize with language, you can use it to do some small projects, e.g. control a car, robots, etc.
5. Learn another programming language if you want
Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Thank you comment icon Thank you, this is really helpful. Benjamin
0
0

Anabel’s Answer

Hello Benjamin,

I know everybody is saying Python, and it is true that Python is easy (and if you star with python it will be great too), but, I have been a programming teacher many years, and I recommend you to start with Java or C#, this languages are more structured, more organized, and when you learn something new, you need to understand where everything goes, and them, after understand where everything goes, them, you can be flexible, as python it is,

That is my recommendation for you, good luck!
0
0

Liam’s Answer

Hi,

Python, in my opinion would be an excellent place to start. It will give you an excellent foundation, while also being easy to learn and easy to understand.

Python is used by many large companies (Netflix, Facebook etc.) and is very flexible, is often open source etc. so its very easy to learn and learn quickly.

JAVA is more powerful, but is often tricky to learn, so perhaps not the best starting point. However once you have the foundations with Python, JAVA should come relatively easy to you.

MySQL is another easy one to learn for beginners, so it's definitely another one to consider. Do take note though that this is not open source so this may hamper your learning.

Thank you comment icon Thanks, can't wait to put this advice into action! Benjamin
0