Eduardo Y.

16

1

How can I better myself as a person daily?

I want to become the best possible person I can become. #greatness #personal-development #professional-development

chat-bubble-icon1 answer

I LOVE that you are asking this question! Having been around for almost 5 decades now, I've certainly gone through all of the phases around what I thought it meant to be a better person. This is one of those areas where we all know the answer instinctively, but relative experiences and society often conflict with that understanding. You can ask this question in many ways in life - how can I be a better member of my family, how can I be a better person at my workplace, how can I be a better person in my community, and so on. But in my experience, I believe there is a common thread between all of these questions. It is this - giving. Overall, when you are giving, your mind is in a place that is outside of your individual self, in a place that is looking at life beyond your own existence. And therein lies the power of giving - it puts your mind in a place thinking about others first. When you are in a true giving mindset and focus on helping others, you remove from your mind limiting issues such as worrying about recognition, money, etc. Like our original questions, you can then ask what giving means in many ways as well - how can I give more to my family, how can I give more to my fellow employees, how can I give more to my community, and so on. The amazing thing is that giving can be at any scale and still make a difference. Something as simple as buying the coffee for the person behind you in line can literally change their day for the positive, and they will likely pass that on to others. And that is the way to start - give small. But you will soon realize the amazing power of giving and want to do more. So back to your original question, how can I be a better person? In my mind it is simple - by giving to others and helping make their lives better. The only thing we leave on this planet is our legacy - make it one that lasts! #greatness #personal-development #professional-development
Last updated Oct 19 at 23:04

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools