How can I better myself as a person daily?

11

I want to become the best possible person I can become. #greatness #personal-development #professional-development

11

Mitchell’s Answer

1
I choose skills and learn something new every day in that skill. I chose programming/robotics. So every day while I'm at work or at home, I do some studying for my next programming certifications or work on a robotics project to keep my intelectually stimulated. But your hobby could be anything from art, a skilled trade, another language, or a professional skill. Learn something new every day.
1

Katie’s Answer

0
Eduardo,

This is such a great question, and something that needs DAILY work no matter who you are. To be the best version of yourself, it's important to stay true to who you are and understand that this may change throughout the different stages of life - and that this is OKAY! Somewhere you can start is to identify what values are important to you (this is sometimes easier said than done), or start identifying qualities / characteristics that you want to be better at. For example, it's important to me that I treat everyone with empathy and respect. I am also always striving to be more thoughtful and mindful. While I may not always execute these characteristics and actions perfectly, I always try to do my best!
0

Katya’s Answer

0
Hi Eduardo, what a great question. How to better yourself- I’m going to share with you what I try doing or tried.

I realized because I spent my entire life in sports that it helped me build my strong points in life. Sport is a great way to motivate yourself-your body and mind. I strongly recommend to start off your day with waking up a little bit early and do at least 20 minutes cardio- I usually find some fun workouts on YouTube and I follow -it keeps me in discipline. I get so much energy positive and so much happiness like a vitamin D- also any negativity that I have collected it goes away and then I start my day on making myself a healthy breakfast-oatmeal with fruits and a orange juice and a piece of dark chocolate .

I love learning new things and new skills- so I search for courses-I found done it’s called udemy.com-they have all topics and the price is for some courses below $20.00.. good classes and certificate you can use and incorporate on your resume.

I read books -try to always read a good book every month- you become more knowledgeable and an interesting person to talk to.

Have a hobby- always advance yourself-

Be active in your community

Good luck
0

Dwayne’s Answer

0
I LOVE that you are asking this question! Having been around for almost 5 decades now, I've certainly gone through all of the phases around what I thought it meant to be a better person. This is one of those areas where we all know the answer instinctively, but relative experiences and society often conflict with that understanding.

You can ask this question in many ways in life - how can I be a better member of my family, how can I be a better person at my workplace, how can I be a better person in my community, and so on.

But in my experience, I believe there is a common thread between all of these questions. It is this - giving. Overall, when you are giving, your mind is in a place that is outside of your individual self, in a place that is looking at life beyond your own existence. And therein lies the power of giving - it puts your mind in a place thinking about others first. When you are in a true giving mindset and focus on helping others, you remove from your mind limiting issues such as worrying about recognition, money, etc.

Like our original questions, you can then ask what giving means in many ways as well - how can I give more to my family, how can I give more to my fellow employees, how can I give more to my community, and so on. The amazing thing is that giving can be at any scale and still make a difference. Something as simple as buying the coffee for the person behind you in line can literally change their day for the positive, and they will likely pass that on to others. And that is the way to start - give small. But you will soon realize the amazing power of giving and want to do more.

So back to your original question, how can I be a better person? In my mind it is simple - by giving to others and helping make their lives better. The only thing we leave on this planet is our legacy - make it one that lasts!

#greatness #personal-development #professional-development
0

Cheily’s Answer

0
Eduardo,

We all can share personal experiences that had or are working for each individual. The truth is, you must ask yourself, where you wan to be? how happy are you with where you currently are, and what would you change if any? Then, that's your good start!

Acknowledging yourself, is the best thing you can do to better yourself. And then, you formulate your own way to address any steps you may find, that it needs to be modify; books, exercise type, career path change, impulse, goals, surrounding, people, etc.

Some people search for a mentor, others change diet; (did you know that your first meal of the day will set the rest of your day's mood?)

Invest in yourself! Believe in what you know you are good at, and make a hell of a career out of it! I always tell my kids... if you want to be a janitor, make sure you are the best in town, and make your own company, teach other and always smile.
0

Jessica’s Answer

0

Read a lot of personal growth books! People always think that they don't need it, but it definitely keeps you thinking about how you can be a better person. I would also look at your association and cut out the people who have a negative influence on your life because "you are who you associate with". If you associate yourself with negative people, you'll be negative. If you associate yourself with positive people, you will be positive!

0

Abdul’s Answer

0
1. Lean a new word in any language
2. Think about a problem in the world and meditate on how you would solve it
3. Try to help someone, donate something
4. Listen to music that you never heard before
5. Be nice

Something you can do everyday. Hope it helps.
0

Jordyn’s Answer

0
Great question, Eduardo!

Take care of yourself Physically, Emotionally, Mentally, and Spiritually. What are some habits that will help you be your best self in each of those areas?

Physical: Take a 30 minute walk, Go to an exercise class, play a sport with friends
Mental: step a way from a screen, or just do one tasks at a time
Emotional: Tell someone you're thankful for them, Keep a gratitude journal
Spiritual: Decide what to say "no" to, Understand what is important to you and use it to filter through opportunities and tasks, allowing you to prioritize, hone in on, and seek out those that connect to something personally meaningful.
0

Cheryl’s Answer

0
Great question! The first step is thinking about this topic. Its so easy to get caught up in a routine but being aware of this always is already one step ahead in the right direction.
My tips are
Do one good thing for somebody else every day. It can be as easy as opening a door for an older person or helping a stranger
Take a few minutes for yourself everyday, exercise, meditate or take a few minutes to enjoy some music
Be thankful or grateful for 1 thing or 1 person everyday
0

Eduarda Luísa’s Answer

0
Hello Eduardo!
Hope you're doing great!

I believe that only by asking this question, you are already in the right path to becoming a better person. The fact that you are willing to do something about this is super important :)

I'm gonna share with you a few small things that I try to do every day in order to become a better person:

- You could start by smiling at someone and just saying hi! We never know what others are going through, so just showing that you care could change someones day!

- Practicing your empathy is also very important. We need to constantly learn how to put ourselves into someone else's shoes. Trying to understand what others are facing at the moment will help us not judge others, respect them and become better people.

- Respecting people is crucial for becoming a better and more understanding person. A world with people who respect diverse people, with different cultures, thoughts and habits is already running better!

- Also, you could try to educate others (your friends, family...) about the importance of all those things listed above!

- Last but not least I believe that for us to become better people, the first thing we all need to do is to feel good about ourselves. Respect yourself, love yourself, take care of yourself. That's key!
You can do stuff that you like, spend time with the ones that you love, meditate, exercise, eat healthy food and have great nights of sleep, for example.

Hope that was helpful :)

Best Regards

0

Work’s Answer

0

Hi Jessica,

I recommend a few thing to become a better self:

1. Don't neglect yourself. Mind, Spirit, Body. Spend time each day improving each.
  2. Be a continuous learner (continue to take classes/skill builder/training)
  3. Give back - volunteer an hour a week. There are many organizations that always needs help
  4. Try Yoga or a bit of exercise every day

Work recommends the following next steps:

• Take time to do for yourself, take time to do for other.
0