5
Updated 448 views

Should I do nursing or medical laboratory science?

Hiiii my name is Joy and I'm studying human physiology in Niger delta university, so I wanna do transfer, so I have two choices to make, nursing and medical laboratory science which do you think I should do, please I really need your advice

In my free time, I Love reading and listening to music. Music helps me calm down.

5

0

Michelle’s Answer

Hello,

I don't know much about medical laboratory science, but there sure are a lot of job opportunities for nurses right now!

Michelle
0
0

Tavorius’s Answer

Both are great careers. I do believe nursing may have more opportunities to advance careers and variety of avenues to choose compared medical laboratory
0
0

Patricia’s Answer

A degree in health care is a truly remarkable achievement and something to be proud of. It's important to consider what genuinely captivates your interest and the kind of work environment you thrive in. The field of laboratory science primarily involves dealing with diseases and pathology, while nursing is more about directly aiding in the healing process of individuals. Are you drawn to interacting with people, assisting them in understanding their health and diseases? Are you at ease in handling individuals during their most delicate and personal moments? In my opinion, laboratory work demands precision, can sometimes be repetitive, and requires a high level of concentration and adherence to proper procedures. Although I'm sure it has its thrilling moments, my expertise lies in nursing.
If it's within your reach, I highly recommend engaging with professionals in your field or even researching online (such as on Youtube) to get a glimpse of what a typical day in the professions you're contemplating looks like. This could provide valuable insights and help guide your decision.
0
0

Carolyn’s Answer

Both fields you're considering are fantastic options and play a crucial role in caring for patients.

If you're drawn to the scientific side of disease diagnosis, medical laboratory science might be your perfect fit. This field delves into the areas of immunology, hematology, bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, transfusion medicine (also known as blood banking/immunohematology), clinical chemistry, and molecular testing. We carry out intricate testing of patient samples in these domains. Our findings are instrumental in diagnosing a vast majority of diseases. This field doesn't involve much direct interaction with patients, so if you're someone who enjoys working closely with patients, nursing could be a more ideal path for you.

Careers in MLS don't have to be confined to a hospital laboratory. Those with MLS degrees can also work in infection prevention/control, public health, education, sales, engineering/instrumentation support, government, research, forensics, and more!

For more insights into the medical laboratory science field, I recommend checking out the websites for the American Society for Clinical Pathology and American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science. These resources will provide you with a deeper understanding of the field within the U.S. context.
0