How hard would it be to become a Lawyer?

I am a junior. I am interested in law, being influenced by my mother who told me that it would be interesting. Looking into law, it seems very difficult so I wanted a first-person perspective. #law #law-school #lawyer #law-school #law-school,-being-a-lawyer,-law-firms,-judicial-clerkships #judiciary #judges #career-path

1

Jenna’s Answer

Law is both interesting and difficult (as are many worthwhile things in life!). Are you interested for yourself, or because your mother or other influences tell you that you should be interested? If you are a junior, you have a lot of time to decide. Keep your grades up and take a lot of different classes, and volunteer or do an internship if you can, to explore your areas of interest and figure out where you should focus your career. To become a lawyer, you need a four year undergraduate degree, to apply and be accepted into an accredited law school, to complete probably another three challenging academic years, then you have to pass the bar exam- and then you can start being a lawyer. There's a lot of time and money and effort involved- you can succeed at it, but make sure it is your goal, not your fulfillment of someone else's goal.

0