How, through my future career, can I inspire young kids to make a difference in their community?

I want to make a lasting impact on the people I work with, and I want the children I see to be inspired to work hard and positively impact the people around them. What are some ways I can help kids achieve this? #positivity #inspiration #medicine #children #working-with-children #community-outreach

4

Daniela’s Answer

Hi, Jennifer!

World-Changing Kids is an educational organization offering community-based and school-based products and programs for elementary school children and their families and educators. All of our products and programs use active kindness as a tool for character education, leadership development and community building.</span>

Source: http://worldchangingkids.ca/about-us

Daniela recommends the following next steps:

Community Building – to work together to build strong, resilient communities that will help all of the children become the best world-changing kid they can be.
Leadership Development – to help build children’s confidence and teach them that they have the power to make the world a better place now and in the future.
Character Education – to teach children kindness, empathy, compassion, social justice and peace-building; and to encourage them to become engaged citizens.

1

Cora’s Answer

It is important to lead by example. Be sure that you are always setting the tone and being a mentor in their eyes. Young kids will be looking up to you and watching your moves, even when you think they are not. Its easy to inspire young people and you want to be a good influence.

Have you thought about volunteering at middle schools that are at risk to speak to the kids? What about helping them after school with homework? These are great moments in time where you can share your experience but also inspire youth.

0

Ericka’s Answer

Mentoring and volunteer at local schools/ YMCA/ Boys and Girls Club are good start. Organizing a career day is another example. First start by finding out what schools are interested in partnering with your company. Look for schools that are close in proximity then would draft a written proposal to send to the principal. Just don't give up if they don't show any interest. You might want to also ask your co-workers if children's school have a career day. That might get you one foot in the door. Good luck!

0