8
Updated 2656 views

What jobs can I get with a Business Management degree?

I am a freshman and I'm interested in this field. #business #management #business-management

8

1

Gary’s Answer

Hi,
That is a great question, a Business Management degree can prepare you for a lot of different career paths. Usually when you major in Business, you also pick some type of concentration or emphasis area to study like accounting, computer science...I choose to study Liberal Arts with an emphasis in business and psychology, now I have been in the sales field for over 20 years of my career.
I found this link for you that lists a lot of different career for business majors:
http://www.collegexpress.com/articles-and-advice/majors-and-academics/articles/choosing-major/business-and-management-majors/

A degree in business can also be a good starting point for a training program within a company that will train you to do a specific job like Manager in Training, Insurance Agent and a lot more.

1
0

Rochelle’s Answer

Hi,

The sky is the limit, first figure out what your most interested in. What are your hobbies, what do you enjoy doing, what are you drawn towards? With this type of degree it can take you any where you want to go. It can open doors in so many unexpected places. I suggest thinking about industries you are interested in, Software, hospitality, finance, technology, engineering. This gives you the building blocks to build the foundation of where you want to be once you graduate.

0
0

Ananya’s Answer

It's really important to apply for Summer Internships and Rotational Management Programs as a Business Major, to understand new technologies and apply your knowledge from University to your work experience. It's important to build a business network, through tools like LinkedIn, and connect with Colleagues. It's important to keep your resume and cover letter up-to-date, and make sure that you are upskilling through certifications. There are many opportunities in Business Management, it's important to conduct job searches on LinkedIn, and find the best match for you and simply apply.
0
0

Summer’s Answer

A business management degree is so versatile that it offers the opportunity to go into many different fields. I have a business management degree where i first started working as an office manager at a large physician group office, moved into an IT company as an analyst, went into a stock company and now spent the past 20 some years at a health insurance company that allowed me to grow within many different departments within
0
0

William’s Answer

Greetings,

Great question! I happen to have my Bachelors of Science in Business Management, My Masters of Business Administration, and finishing up my PhD in Organizational Development and Leadership. Short answer, i am a business geek! :)

So I agree with a lot of the suggestions, especially those related to building yourself a pathway. Given that you have a lot of career options when it comes to management I would encourage you to work with a department chair at your college (if you are a business major, see if there are some professors in the business department that would act as a mentor) or speak with your academic advisor about customizing a degree plan that works best with your interests. Customized degree plans can be unique and helpful when you have a lot of interests. However, I always like to say that have your educational endeavors tell a story. If you notice earlier I outlined my education and the commonality between all of my education is that there is a business focus. This helped me early on when I was entering the workforce (which is something we all have to do after college). Lean on professionals at your school to help and ask a lot of questions. Also, set up a time to speak with a career counselor at your school or colleges (if you have yet to choose one and you are looking at different schools, set a time to speak with their career center).

Hope you found these suggestions helpful! Enjoy your day.

Best,

William Hodde

0