Albert A.

16

2

What is the best approach to find low competition scholarships?

I have noticed that there are literally thousands of scholarship programs out there and there are hundreds that most students would be qualified to apply to.
However, I, like most people, don’t have the time or the energy to apply towards hundreds of scholarships in a year, so I need advice on how to narrow down the list of eligible scholarships to focus on the ones that I have the best chance of winning.

Ideally, I should look for ones that have the least amount of competition; however, in my experience, most scholarship programs either don’t keep track or are unwilling to divulge the number of qualified applicants they receive each year.
Thus, how should I determine if a scholarship has low competition? I assume local ones are most likely less competitive towards national ones. It should be the same situation for scholarships that limit the type of students that can apply.
For example, let’s take a look at these two scholarships:

Scholarship A: Eligible applicants must be undergraduate computer science, computer engineering, and information technology majors with a 3.5 or higher GPA.

Scholarship B: Eligible applicants can be one of the following: high school seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who are current or aspiring STEM majors with a 2.0 or higher GPA

Clearly, scholarship A severely limits the type of applicants that are eligible compared to the Scholarship B. Thus, Scholarship A is less competitive than Scholarship B, which means that an applicant fitting Scholarship A’s description would stand a much better chance winning Scholarship A than B.
What other criteria can one use to determine if a scholarship has low competition, and therefore “winnable?”

#scholarships #scholarship #college-scholarships #scholar #financial-aid

Schools Add a school