Career Questions tagged Air Traffic Control

alexis W.’s Avatar
alexis W. Nov 03, 2020 37 views

air traffic control

im a sophomore in high school and i would like to know more about being an air traffic controller. what different things do they do and are the working conditions good? what are the hours and salary like and are there fringe benefits?...

#air-traffic-control

alexis W.’s Avatar
alexis W. Oct 27, 2020 46 views

what are the best colleges in ohio to become an air traffic controller

I'm a sophomore in high school. I would like to know what schools in ohio are the best to become an air traffic controller and what major would be best to take....

#air-traffic-control

Janina A.’s Avatar
Janina A. Jan 14, 2018 322 views

What are some potential difficulties in becoming an air traffic controller?

I feel that ATC would be a perfect career for me, but I don't think that I completely understand the hardships, and difficulties that come along with the job. #aviation...

#air-traffic-control

Meagan S.’s Avatar
Meagan S. Oct 28, 2016 465 views
Charlie C.’s Avatar
Charlie C. Mar 09, 2016 704 views

What kind of certification do you need to become an air traffic controller?

Are there specific steps I need to take to pursue this career? This question was posted by a CareerVillage administrator on behalf of the students of CareerVillage. #aviation #airline-industry...

#air-traffic-control

Jeff C.’s Avatar
Jeff C. Mar 09, 2016 1972 views

What's the difference between a flight dispatcher and an air traffic controller?

I want to communicate with pilots over the radio to ensure they are getting to and from each airport safely. Which job does that? A flight dispatcher or an air traffic controller? This question was posted by a CareerVillage administrator on behalf of the students of CareerVillage. #aviation...

#airline-industry #flight-dispatcher #air-traffic-control

Brendon C.’s Avatar
Brendon C. Mar 08, 2016 1111 views

Are all traffic controllers FAA traffic controllers?

I'm curious about the organizational structure of an airport and an airline. I want to know so I can begin working toward my career as an air traffic controller. This question was posted by a CareerVillage administrator on behalf of the students of CareerVillage. #aviation #airline-industry...

#air-traffic-control

Mae H.’s Avatar
Mae H. Mar 08, 2016 648 views

Is directing air traffic similar to directing street traffic?

How are they similar? How are they different? Are they even comparable? This question was posted by a CareerVillage administrator on behalf of the students of CareerVillage. #aviation #airline-industry...

#air-traffic-control

Demarie P.’s Avatar
Demarie P. Mar 06, 2016 658 views

What's it like being an air traffic controller?

How many hours do you work at a time? Do you get to take breaks? Are you in a dark room staring at a screen like the show in the movies?...

#air-traffic-control