What are some good interview tips for beginner jobs?

I have an interview in a few days for my first job. Are there any helpful tips anyone can give me? #interview #firstjob

9

Cinnamon’s Answer

Hi there,
I can not empathize the importance of researching the company you are applying to. Making sure the company is a company you can be proud to work for and meet not only your employment needs but personable needs as well.

0

Poonam’s Answer

1. RESUME:

A resume is the primary tool to land a job. Create your resume as per the job profile the organization is putting forth and underlining your strength desired for the job. Keep in mind a certain something, that the points you are specifying in it ought to be the ones, you are actually intended to. This ought not be ranting and not be false just to impress the hiring manger.

2. EMPLOYER INFORMATION:

Before going to any interview for any organization, ensure you know enough about the organization and you are ready to work in this organization. To achieve this, go through the company profile and the current position of the organization. It will help you to comprehend them and give you more confidence. So, invest efforts in this during your interview preparation.

3. YOUR ATTIRE SHOULD PORTRAY THAT YOU MEAN BUSINESS:

Your dressing sense is the reflection of your identity. It characterizes the society you come from. Dress like you represent them. A formal suit is recommended. Dark trousers and a white shirt would be the best blend. Abstain from wearing coloured shirts and trousers. Resemble a professional.

4. BE ENTHUSIASTIC:

for more tips: Interview preparation for fresher

0

Whitney’s Answer

Hi Mack! Something you can do to prepare for your first job interview is to know about the company and position you are interviewing for. This may seem obvious but I would definitely look over the job description and the company mission statement to know what you are going into. It is also common for companies to ask questions specifically about their business or position.

Here is a link to common interview questions many companies will ask:

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/common-interview-questions/

I would look over all of these and have an answer ready for each as many of them you may be asked in your interview. You could also practice before you go to the interview. Ask a family member or friend to do a mock interview with you so you can gain confidence and won't be as nervous in your interviews. If you don't have anyone to do it with, you can even do it in front of the mirror. Having a run through before the actual interview can help a lot with nerves.

All of these steps should help you have a successful interview. Good luck!!

Whitney recommends the following next steps:

Look over job description
Saved!
Look over common interview questions
Saved!
Do a practice interview with someone or in the mirror
Saved!

0

Hi Mack,

Hopefully I caught you prior to your interview. There are a few things I would say on this. Dress well for the interview. Suit and tie is always a good way to go and shows that the interview means something to you. I agree with the prior person. Get to know the actual role inside and out and be able to articulate why the job means a lot to you and what sort of value you can bring to the company. Also, research the company and know what they do, what they produce, how well they have been doing, and what your background can bring to the table. Bring several copies of your resume` to share with their team. On your resume`, tailor it to the job you are interviewing for to make it relative. Also, list accomplishments you have had with prior roles or engagements. Finally, show a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to succeed for both yourself and the company. Displaying your long term goals, and wanting to do it through that company, will be an ideal situation for them.

Thanks!

Mike

0

Jill’s Answer

Great answers above. I would also research some behavioral questions and answers, a lot of companies will ask behavioral type questions. Be sure you go in depth on your answers and don't give short one sentence answers. Do your research on the job description and be knowledgeable regarding the position you are applying for. Prepare to have your own questions back regarding the position and what the expectations of the role are. Role playing to practice an interview will really help also.

0

Fiona’s Answer

Research the company and its history
Research the department
Watch the news and be able to talk about key current events
Research some key current events in the industry you are applying to
Research the background of your interviewers
Go through your CV to ensure you can talk about each skill/past experience you have included
Think of some good questions you would like to ask about the company - including the team, the culture, the direction etc.
Do not under-dress
Be on time, 15 minutes early

0

Jim’s Answer

Hi Mack. This is a good question and plenty of helpful advice has already been provided. A couple other thoughts: your interviewer will understand based on the nature of the position that you won’t have a lot of experience in the field, but you should try to think of applicable skills, abilities and work experience to demonstrate you will be a good fit for the position. Also, be prepared to ask questions about the organization and the position to demonstrate you’ve done preparation beforehand. I wish you luck!

0

Julian’s Answer

Interviews always seem to be tough, but I think we put more pressure on ourselves by overthinking the process. Important pieces of advice I would give is:

*Be conversational - make a connection with your interviewer. They need to know you will be friendly in the workplace and with the company's customers.

*Tell the story - when answering questions don't overthink it. Respond as if you're telling a story, meaning you have to set the scene, walk the person through what the challenge was and what did you do to save the day. If you didn't save the day then explain what lesson did you learn from it. The interviewer needs to know that you are willing to learn from your mistakes and will get better the next time something happens.

0

Blake’s Answer

Hey Mack,

I think the best thing to do is look up "frequently asked interview questions", which you have probably already done. The mistake that I see the most often is that an interviewee tries to remember too many examples and ends up fumbling through the questions. I would recommend finding 3 or 4 stories or experiences that could apply to multiple questions.

Thanks,
Blake

0

Jim’s Answer

0