What are some good interview tips for beginner jobs?

Asked Lakeland, Florida

I have an interview in a few days for my first job. Are there any helpful tips anyone can give me? #interview #firstjob

Hi Mack,

Hopefully I caught you prior to your interview. There are a few things I would say on this. Dress well for the interview. Suit and tie is always a good way to go and shows that the interview means something to you. I agree with the prior person. Get to know the actual role inside and out and be able to articulate why the job means a lot to you and what sort of value you can bring to the company. Also, research the company and know what they do, what they produce, how well they have been doing, and what your background can bring to the table. Bring several copies of your resume` to share with their team. On your resume`, tailor it to the job you are interviewing for to make it relative. Also, list accomplishments you have had with prior roles or engagements. Finally, show a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to succeed for both yourself and the company. Displaying your long term goals, and wanting to do it through that company, will be an ideal situation for them.

Thanks!

Mike

Poonam’s Answer

Updated Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

1. RESUME:

A resume is the primary tool to land a job. Create your resume as per the job profile the organization is putting forth and underlining your strength desired for the job. Keep in mind a certain something, that the points you are specifying in it ought to be the ones, you are actually intended to. This ought not be ranting and not be false just to impress the hiring manger.

2. EMPLOYER INFORMATION:

Before going to any interview for any organization, ensure you know enough about the organization and you are ready to work in this organization. To achieve this, go through the company profile and the current position of the organization. It will help you to comprehend them and give you more confidence. So, invest efforts in this during your interview preparation.

3. YOUR ATTIRE SHOULD PORTRAY THAT YOU MEAN BUSINESS:

Your dressing sense is the reflection of your identity. It characterizes the society you come from. Dress like you represent them. A formal suit is recommended. Dark trousers and a white shirt would be the best blend. Abstain from wearing coloured shirts and trousers. Resemble a professional.

4. BE ENTHUSIASTIC:

for more tips: Interview preparation for fresher

Whitney’s Answer

Updated Atlanta, Georgia

Hi Mack! Something you can do to prepare for your first job interview is to know about the company and position you are interviewing for. This may seem obvious but I would definitely look over the job description and the company mission statement to know what you are going into. It is also common for companies to ask questions specifically about their business or position.

Here is a link to common interview questions many companies will ask:

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/common-interview-questions/

I would look over all of these and have an answer ready for each as many of them you may be asked in your interview. You could also practice before you go to the interview. Ask a family member or friend to do a mock interview with you so you can gain confidence and won't be as nervous in your interviews. If you don't have anyone to do it with, you can even do it in front of the mirror. Having a run through before the actual interview can help a lot with nerves.

All of these steps should help you have a successful interview. Good luck!!

Whitney recommends the following next steps:

• Look over job description
  • Look over common interview questions
  • Do a practice interview with someone or in the mirror