Jasanpreet Kaur’s Answer
You can get better assistance in pursing your career through planning. I will tell you certain ways which I followed along with the reasons why these things are happening to you.
Let me start with the reasons:
- This is the result of overthinking all the time. Now to stop that start writing whenever you get time regarding whats going on in your life? how are things moving? how you want it to be like?. Writing your thoughts really helps to clear your mind and make you feel relax.
Now I will tell you some ways of dealing this:
- Try to focus and ignore things which are going around you. I know its hard in the starting even for me it was. But I used to follow a simple trick. That is, as soon as your mind get distracted just say to yourself "STOP IT!" if you still get distracted , say again and this time much louder to yourself "I SAID STOP IT!". When you follow this trick it makes your mind in an alert position, as a result, your thoughts will be in your control. Mind you, it's not a single day task, you learn this with continuous practice.
- Appreciate yourself as soon as you are able to deal with your distractions by saying, "Yes! I did it". You can practice in dealing with your distraction not only at the time of study but also when you are eating, walking, watching, reading or working. For Example, You are eating something. Control your mind that you just need to eat and feel the taste of every bite you have. Avoid talking while you eat, you can talk once you have finished your bite or after your meal.
- Every day you should create your TO-DO list well in advance. I normally create before going to bed. Jot down everything you want to do including your studies, break, fun activities, reading etc.
- The Last thing is, create your planner along with the time exactly when you want things to be done and add reminders in your mobile or laptop. There is nothing wrong to put reminders on your mobile/laptop, this is one of the most appreciable ways of working of successful people. Planner and reminders make us stay as per our schedule. Don't feel disappointed if you are not able to match it. Remember, even a single task accomplished as per the planner you should appreciate yourself by saying "Yes! I did it" because that is your achievement.
Jasanpreet Kaur recommends the following next steps:
- Add reminders
- Make your planner
- Create To-Do List