How stressful is a double major?

Asked Boston, Massachusetts

Currently I am split between business (economics) and biomedical science in terms of career paths to pursue. When I tell others this they say business goes well with everything so I should double major. Being in high school I have no idea the rigor of attaining a degree for a major. That being said how hard is it to double major? How long should it take? Does it take away from you’re overall “college experience?”
#choosing-a-major #double-major #business #majors

Linda Ann’s Answer

Well, before I answer your question, I need to say this: life is filled with many stressors. Some of them come calling, out of the blue, catching you unawares. What you need to learn to do is to manage your stress levels when it gets into the danger zone (when you cannot function...). Some stress is good - it is what energizes to get up in the morning and do things, and to learn things.

IF you truly want to double-major, go for it. Find out what you are made of, so to speak. What you can handle, what you cannot handle. How will you know if you don't try?

I cannot reiterate sufficiently on learning how to manage stress. Look for workshops that are offered by your university in managing stress. It will serve you well, in the long term.

Good luck in college. Follow your bliss!