It sure is. You will need a few things to get accepted to medical school. It also depends on if you want to be an MD, DO, or some other flavor of doctor (eg DPM).
What do you need?
1) A high school diploma
2) a Bachelor of Science from an accredited university. You should probably focus on Biology or Chemistry, but really any science degree should be fine. You also need a 3.0 or better upon graduation.
3) You'll also need some letters of recommendation. Usually you'll need 3, but you could need more, depending on the school and scope of recommendations.
4) You need to do something outside of the standard academics to stand out. Get into extracurriculars like student government or even sports.
5) You must take the MCAT and get a pretty darn good score to get into medical school.
James recommends the following next steps:
- Go to college and get a degree in a science like Biology or Chemistry
- While in college engage in extracurricular activities
- Take the MCAT and get a high score