what skills are required in your position on a day to day job?

im reliable, im a peoples persons, and im punctual. #business # #communication #humanresources

Ralph’s Answer

Updated Toms River, New Jersey

Hi Carmyn

Great question. Building a successful career in the communications arena requires that you speak clearly and eloquently, write compelling copy and exhibit strong interpersonal skills.

The first impression you give is very important, so you whether in writing or in person, you want to be deemed as a credible and honest person. Listening to those you work with and having your finger on the pulse of what's going on around you helps a LOT.

My job varies from day to day, but I definitely write something every day. Some days include video work and other involve managing big employee events such as town halls and health fairs. I try to be organized every day and give 100% of my attention to each and every business partner. It's important to make every partner feel valued and that you are aligned with their goals.

Using intentional collaboration is also a good piece of advice I'd offer. Do not wait for others to seek you out. Raise your hand and volunteer for projects where you can add value. As more and more of us work in dispersed locations and connect virtually, it's important to stay relevant and show people who you are and what you can do.

Puneet’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

1. Excellent communication skills

2. Good technical aptitude

3. Team player

4. Punctual

5. Helpful and respectful

Andrea’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

You need to be able to truly listen to your coworkers, managers, and stakeholders because their time is valuable and you need to respect that and not waste it. You need to communicate clearly and provide an adequate level of information that answers the questions asked without adding information that could cause confusion. You need flexibility to change direction, add work, and rethink prior decisions when warranted. You need to own your work, apologize when you get it wrong, fix it quickly, and not take it personally. Do the right thing for the right reason and even if you're wrong, it's OK.