what skills are required in your position on a day to day job?

6

im reliable, im a peoples persons, and im punctual. #business # #communication #humanresources

6

Ralph’s Answer

0

Hi Carmyn

Great question. Building a successful career in the communications arena requires that you speak clearly and eloquently, write compelling copy and exhibit strong interpersonal skills.

The first impression you give is very important, so you whether in writing or in person, you want to be deemed as a credible and honest person. Listening to those you work with and having your finger on the pulse of what's going on around you helps a LOT.

My job varies from day to day, but I definitely write something every day. Some days include video work and other involve managing big employee events such as town halls and health fairs. I try to be organized every day and give 100% of my attention to each and every business partner. It's important to make every partner feel valued and that you are aligned with their goals.

Using intentional collaboration is also a good piece of advice I'd offer. Do not wait for others to seek you out. Raise your hand and volunteer for projects where you can add value. As more and more of us work in dispersed locations and connect virtually, it's important to stay relevant and show people who you are and what you can do.

0

Ana’s Answer

0

These are the most important skills required for me to execute well in my position:

1. Being a good communicator - it is very important that you 'sell your ideas', that you help colleagues to understand what we are trying to do in a project, that you provide timely updates on a project status, on team accomplishments, etc. And to be a good communicator, you have to understand the audience and be able to talk to them in the proper language style and level of details also.
  2. Logical skills and understand the big picture - understand why something has to be done, to achieve a long term vision is also very critical to ensure we help the organization to move in the right direction
  3. Being a good couch and team builder - take maximum value of your team, support team to address weaknesses and reinforce positive areas, utilize the right resource in the right activity is key to ensure successful team accomplishments
0

Andrea E’s Answer

0

You need to be able to truly listen to your coworkers, managers, and stakeholders because their time is valuable and you need to respect that and not waste it. You need to communicate clearly and provide an adequate level of information that answers the questions asked without adding information that could cause confusion. You need flexibility to change direction, add work, and rethink prior decisions when warranted. You need to own your work, apologize when you get it wrong, fix it quickly, and not take it personally. Do the right thing for the right reason and even if you're wrong, it's OK.

0

Nicole’s Answer

0
Hi Carymn!

It depends on the job. I'm in HR Systems, so it's basically a cross between Human Resources and Information Systems. This requires me have a great attention to detail, work well with deadlines and project management and be able to effectively communicate with users.

In a more general sense, a good team mate in my opinion is punctual, easy to work with, responsive and respectful.
0

Puneet’s Answer

0

1. Excellent communication skills

2. Good technical aptitude

3. Team player

4. Punctual

5. Helpful and respectful

0