Does sales jobs in the airline industry require travel ?

Hi,
I am thinking of studying marketing at university. I have thought of working at an airline in sales. Do they get to travel? If I got a corporate job doing sales for an airliner, I would be happy to travel a few times a year. #marketing #airline-industry #sales #business #travel

Todd’s Answer

Depends on what version of sales you get into.  For example if your an inside sales specialist you would be in an office environment.  Conversely an outside sales specialist would require more travel.  How much depends on where you live vs where your account sets are located.   

Thank you!
Hi Sammy! Because the margins on commercial air travel are so thin, it's rare that you will get to travel for work, positions are more in call centre settings. However you would get perks for working for an airline. If you can work in the private air sector, sales will be more lucrative, though these positions are a lot more rare. Good luck! Dominic
Thank you Dominic!