I agree with the last reply from Kim Igleheart. It seems like you already know what you like, now it's just a matter of looking for a position that aligns with those areas. The key is to just keep looking, applying and get your foot in the door even if it's an entry level job. When you do a good job in whatever task you're given, you'll find opportunities to move to positions of higher and higher responsibilities. Other people will also notice your skills and may end up wanting you to work in their department. That's pretty much what happened to me. After my sales job, I started as an administrative assistant with a large nationwide company and was promoted to various positions within the company eventually becoming a senior technical writer. Today I work for a worldwide insurance company managing hundreds of forms and enjoy going to work everyday as my skills and strengths align with the requirements of my job.
You're on a great adventure. Enjoy the discovery towards your future.
Frank recommends the following next steps:
- If needed, take Skills Accessment online quiz or check a college or the YMCA to take a career test. This will help you confirm what your strengths are.
- Go to a job posting online site and enter in the items you like such as sales, sports etc. See what comes up. See what the requirements are.
- Do you need any special training? Take any classes you need to meet current job requirements for the positions you are interested in.
- You may want to try applying at temporary agency to get a feel of various types of opportunities available in the fields you enjoy. You may even land a permanent job through a temporary service.
- Keep looking for job openings weekly and get your resume polished. If needed, check some websites for help on writing a good resume and learning good interview skills.