What are the downsides of working as a Information Security Analyst?

5
5

Todd’s Answer

0
How are you at handling stress? (Ask someone else about how you handle stress). If you have a healthy approach to dealing with stress and have a passion for it like Edmond does, what he said probably covers it. Not sure I agree with the comment about government workers having 9 to 5 hours, but I have not direct knowledge.
0

Edmond’s Answer

0
To me it's like being a kid in a candy store and not having enough time to eat all the candies I can!
If you are interested in investigative/research type of work there are very few professions that come close.
Usually long unpredictable hours unless one becomes a well established professional and can dictate his/her hours to the business. Or work for government.
Have you heard anything negative?
-edmond
0

Preethi’s Answer

0
I think this is a great profession, sought after position in the industry given that every sector is moving to digital world, and information security is a hot commodity. The downsides might be working long hours at times where there are data breaches and putting real fixes into place. But overall it is a great career to have in the next decade to two.
0

Tony’s Answer

0
I agree with my colleagures. It is a thankless job when everything goes well, and when it doesn't you work long hours under stressful conditions.
0