What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. #college #engineering #science #technology #tech #women-in-tech #reading #women-in-engineering #books

great question!!! Desiree Giler Mann

138

Daniela’s Answer

Hi Maria,

You can read:

Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman

"Everyone knows that high IQ is no guarantee of success, happiness, or virtue, but until Emotional Intelligence, we could only guess why. Daniel Goleman's brilliant report from the frontiers of psychology and neuroscience offers startling new insight into our "two minds"—the rational and the emotional—and how they together shape our destiny.

Through vivid examples, Goleman delineates the five crucial skills of emotional intelligence, and shows how they determine our success in relationships, work, and even our physical well-being. What emerges is an entirely new way to talk about being smart.

The best news is that "emotional literacy" is not fixed early in life. Every parent, every teacher, every business leader, and everyone interested in a more civil society, has a stake in this compelling vision of human possibility".

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Intelligence-Matter-More-Than/dp/055338371X

Best!

I would recommend reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. It has great information about managing finance and is great for improving financial literacy Mohit G.

10

Lisa’s Answer

Here are two of my faves, that are simple and easy reading but oh so effective.

1. Who Moved my Cheese - Deals with change
2. Fish! - How to bring energy, passion, and a positive attitude to the job every day

Lisa, great advice! I too like "Who Moved my Cheese" by Dr. Spencer Johnson. • • https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NBZFWA/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1 Sheila Jordan

5

Lee’s Answer

Without question, The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle.

As a young person, you'll need to develop an inner dialogue that inspires your creative confidence. The War of Art refers to this as "Resistance".

Creativity and collaborative problem solving is a future skill.

Additionally, it's very hard to know the best way to seek success and how it should be defined for you.

Thankfully we can externally source wisdom and cheat the learning curve by taking time to invest in reflection.

This book will give you the energy and belief of a Tony Robbins event in the comfort of your home.

I wish you more than luck!

Lee recommends the following next steps:

https://www.amazon.com/War-Art-Winning-Creative-Battle/dp/1590710037/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Hi Lee, Gurpreet here from CareerVillage.org! I just wanted to let you know that I removed the second next step as we do not encourage students/professionals to interact outside of the platform for safety reasons. Gurpreet Lally

3

Sevana’s Answer

12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson.
It's categorized as a self help book, but it's a lot more than that. Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist, who speaks from a lot of real life experience of dealing with people, he also has a profound understanding of the nature of reality it its most true sense. This book provides valuable insight into how move forward in life and have meaning and motivation, despite all the hardship and tragedy that is the default of our existance.

Another great book (read for pleasure) is The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, a historical novel taking place in 12th century that you will be hooked on so quickly. It has suspense, action, and romance, but it also is a lot of history.

Jordan Peterson's Podcast is also wonderful. It goes through the rules and is pretty inspiring. His whole aim is to encourage people to stand up and Act in the world. We are all responsible for the world we live in. So go do something about it if you don't like it. Robert Walz

3

Amy (Scheffer)’s Answer

Lean In - Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg

This book is a must-read for any female profession in the corporate world. Enjoy!

Amy

3

Mohammad’s Answer

I would suggest that everybody should read "When Breath Becomes Air." It is a book about a thriving Stanford Neurosurgeon who get's diagnosed with cancer. It teaches you a lot about how best to deal with hardships and how to overcome adversity head on.

2

Becoming by Michelle Obama

This is a very moving memoir detailing Michelle's upbringing and her life with Barack Obama. While it was very interesting to read about her life, it also broken down various processes about campaigning that I didn't know before. One chapter brought me to tears, just saying, good read!

2

Jasanpreet Kaur’s Answer

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne - It is an eye opener.

2

Rajesh’s Answer

There is really no single book that one can recommend reading as a book that is suitable for you will depend on your personal situation, age, stage of life and other factors. In general, considering your young age, books on personal finance, career management and building skills that will help you in your life will be more suitable.

If I do have to suggest one book, it will be Stephen Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". You may have heard that winning is a habit, not just luck (if you want to win again and again). The basic habits referred to in this book, if inculcated properly, will help you in all walks of life, including your career. Think of this book as a foundation to whatever you may do later. Remember, it is just my advice so take it what you paid for it! Good luck!!

2

Aaron’s Answer

Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant.

1

Glenda’s Answer

Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now!

1

Anthony’s Answer

Hi Maria - tough question! I'm not sure there's a right answer here. But, I'm a huge proponent of learning from history. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari is very popular right now.

A much easier and very relevant read in today's society is Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown. It's a shorter one (I finished it about 2 weeks) and very powerful. It touches on topics as it relates to understanding ourselves, how to be vulnerable in our society, and how to approach conversations with people who have different opinions on topics.

I hope this helps! I also recommend checking out anything by Malcolm Gladwell.

Sapiens is a great book indeed! Fikret Atalay

I also recommend Sapiens! Marie MacNichol

1

Stephen’s Answer

I read a short book called "The Idiot as Manager" - with the premise that someone who is totally unqualified in the job is promoted to lead the team.

It's kind of a "fake it 'til you make it" story, but there are a lot of important lessons for people who transition into management and how they struggle to do the right thing because they become too autocratic. It works in a lot of other situations in life too.

For example - when asked by a team player, "what should I do next"? The idiot manager asks "what do you recommend" instead of taking over with their own ideas - which would stifle the individual. The idiot manager accidentally empowered the team player, who was expecting the boss to have the answer and take the problem away from them.

Sorry I don't remember details about the publisher and author.

1

Tobias’s Answer

This book isn't directly related to the topics you mentioned, but the most impactful book I've read in my life has been Loving Kindness by Sharon Salzberg. It talks about loving kindness meditation. In my opinion, you don't have to be interested in meditation or the things that go along with it to get value out of this book as it first deals with the act of being kind to yourself, and that's something that nearly everyone can benefit from.

Almost everyone I've encountered in my life is happy to support others and is ready to forgive or see the positives in their actions, but when it comes to their own actions or circumstances they can be harsh on themselves. Be kind to yourself.

1

LaTonya M’s Answer

I suggest reading The Boiling Frog: How Complacency and Ignorance Created Our Leadership Crisis and What We Can Do About It by Michael Darmody. This book is a true eye opener and after reading, you will see how important it is to not fall victim to complacency. – LaTonya M Brown, PMP®,SFC™ 1 sec ago

1

Nadine’s Answer

"7 Habits of Highly Effective People" - this book translates to so many different scenarios in personal and professional life. I highly highly suggest everyone read it at least once.

1

Crystal’s Answer

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey

The book gives you an understanding of how to live a life based with basic principles. Every new habit will will help you grow from the inside out. The teachings that are within the book allow you to apply to everyday life. The make sense in the real world and easy to incorporate in your life. The book breaks things down easily to understand.

1

Ramendrajit’s Answer

Try and read a book called “ Who Moved my Cheese” . It’s a great book and talks about how to deal with Changes at work and life .

1

Shubham’s Answer

There are lots of good books recommended on the page.

I would like to add one which has made a large impact on how I invest (not just money, be it time or anything else) : The Intelligent Investor. The book is written by Benjamin Graham who was Warren Buffett’s mentor. The idea of the book is to focus on long-term wealth building and not short-term gains.

1

Mai’s Answer

I would highly recommend "7 habits of highly effective people". This book includes powerful lessons for you to be success in your life.

1

Harshita’s Answer

The 2 books i would highly recommend you to start reading would be :
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
2. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

1

Shirley’s Answer

I recommend Educated by Tara Westover. It's a memoir of her life as someone who grew up in a family that did not believe in public education, and her father constantly prepares for the "end of days". She didn't even get a birth certificate until the age of 9 for fear of the government. Its a fantastic read that depicts how she was able to open her eyes to the world beyond her home and expand her perceptions outside what she was taught her whole life.

1

TV’s Answer

Dear Maria,

Looking at all the answers above, I can say that the folks above are much well read and some of the books ranging from self-help to fantasy are definitely the best ones out there.

I would slightly digress from the answers above and suggest a book titled "Word Power Made Easy" by Norman Lewis. This book talks about English words, their origin, etymology, pronunciation and will definitely add many more words to your vocabulary. I found this book to be extremely useful and it helped me learn several new words which I use on a day-to -day basis.

So, if you ever want to have "your way with words", then I would recommend that you give this book a try.

Regards.

"7 Habits of Highly Effective People" = especially the world of abundance section. Also, watch this video, it is the best I have seen on how to react to life = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqzYDZAqCI Jason Swensen

1

Denise’s Answer

Maria,

I don't have a book title for you, but I do have a suggestion that goes all the way back to when I first started reading.

Even if I was just reading for enjoyment, I always had a dictionary by my side so that if I encountered a word I didn't know I looked it up. This not only helped me to better understand what I was reading but also helped build my vocabulary. Now it is even easier with digital assistants. Just ask Alexa or Siri.

Happy reading!

Denise, great advice. I agree with you about having a digital dictionary (I have an app on my phone) available and just ask Alexa or Siri. Sheila Jordan

1

Francisco’s Answer

There are a lot of great recommendations already. One that I did not see but had a significant effect on how I see things is Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. You can find more information here: https://www.ynharari.com/book/sapiens/

1

steve’s Answer

Good to Great was a very eye opening book..... My manager bought this book for all of his managers.... Every week we had a Leadership meeting and talked about chapters in the book.... Every week we read and discussed what we thought it meant and how it would relate to our field..... Very interesting and eye opening.

1

Gonzalo’s Answer

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

The novel is about the importance of the rule of law, and the complexity of human beings

The Lord Of The Flies also teaches an important life lesson: if you were ever bullied in your past, DO NOT REVEAL IT to a new group of people who don't know that history. If the character in the book named Piggy never told the other kids that he used to be picked on and called Piggy by a different group of kids, he would have avoided all the trouble he experienced. Tom Onusaitis

1

Christopher’s Answer

I would recommend the Enchiridon by Epictetus, an ancient Stoic philosopher. This book is extremely helpful in shaping a personal philosophy that will enable you to grow in virtue (moral excellence). I would highly recommend the ancient classics, because by their very existence they prove that others have found their content to be helpful and worth preserving.

0

Sunil’s Answer

There are a lot of great recommendations already based on your interest. I don't have a book title that suits your interest, but I do have a suggestion that had changed my life forever. I started with this hobby of reading a book for 30 mins daily apart from technical stuff that is part of my day to day job at Cisco Customer experience organisation. These books varies from science, arts, history etc. Then one day got 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' by Robert Kiyosaki, with not much background on finance, I started with hesitation but this was one of the best read I would recommend.

This has had a practical impact on my thoughts about money. I realised the value of investing, compounding. Even if you dont know much about money, all finance jargon, investment; you should still read this book to start. I would like to give this advice to all the young grads passing out of college. Mantra is to start early.

Hope the advice was useful... Happy investing..

Regards
Sunil

0

Elena’s Answer

Who Moved my Cheese - a very simple book that deal with understanding change and how you can move forward or stay behind
In Drop the Ball, Tiffany Dufu - moving up the career ladder Tiffany recounts how she learned to reevaluate expectations, shrink her to-do list, and meaningfully engage the assistance of others including her husband so that she can free up the time she needed to flourish at work and develop better relationships at home.
The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom - Don Miguel Ruiz & Janet Mills - a guide to freedom from self-limiting beliefs that may cause stress, personal and professional limitation in one's life

0

Vipul’s Answer

Biographies and autobiographies attract me most when I am in search of inspiration.

I would suggest biographies of Steve Jobs (Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography) and Elon Musk for technological inspiration.

I liked "Its not about the bike", a biography of Lance Armstrong who fought cancer and returned back to his career as a cyclist.

Finally for some spiritual inspiration, I would recommend short stories of Swami Vivekananda.

I agree that biographies and autobiographies are so amazing! A MUST in this category is Becoming by Michelle Obama!!!!! Beth Kern

0

Chris’s Answer

Happiness Advantage - Shawn Achor

Amazing book to understand how you can always take a positive look into any situation. Very relevant for how happiness is a never ending pursuit, and not a one time goal. This can assist to shape your outlook, not only in a workplace, but in everyday life.

0

Kaitlyn’s Answer

I have two!
1) The Alchemist
2) The five people you meet in heaven

Both have lessons attached and are really great reads. Enjoy!

0

Kapil’s Answer

Here's one of my all time favorite 'The Kite Runner', it tells you how selfless friendship is in childhood, how being in the middle of a war zone we a still achieve what we want, I read it all the time whenever I feel low.

0

Robert’s Answer

Unbroken <--- don't watch the movie, just read the book

Zero to One <-- Its a Must if you have any entrepreneurial spirit but I do not care what profession you go into this book completely changed my understanding of the world and its an easy read.

0

JOSEPH’s Answer

1 - Be proactive.
2 - Begin with the end in mind.
3 - First things first.
4 - Think win-win.
5 - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
6 - Synergize!
7 - Sharpen the Saw; Growth.

Thanks for the concise summary! Tom Onusaitis

0

Nagendra’s Answer

Interesting question. I would recommend a book for you and you can look for this and start reading this. I would also like to justify why i recommend this for you.

This book is written in one of the oldest language in the world "Tamil" that has rich tradition.

The book name is "Tirukural" and it is translated in to English. Infact this book holds the record of having the second highest translation in to other langauges next to the holy BooK "Bible" . So it is really wonder to read it as it shows the importance of it. Since christains are majority in the world - bible being converted in to many languages make sense . But this book being converted into other langauges makes yourself to think that it should have felt worth by the translators who has read it.

This book has covered all the things that is needed for a life. Each aneverything for a happy and succesfull life.

0

Jake’s Answer

Who Moved My Cheese? - By Spencer Johnson

Quick and easy read.
Helps you understand why change and adaptability are so important in both your personal and professional life.

0

Ash’s Answer

“The Unbearable Lightness of Being” (1984), by Milan Kundera.

0

Alex’s Answer

I would recommend the book how to win friends and influence people. This book was very interesting and provided a lot of insight and led me more into reading and self development.

0

Manasa’s Answer

Hi Maria!! I think you'd really like The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks! It's an incredible book and it aligns well with your interests in technology an d women's history. I read it in high school and it really influenced my perspective on medicine and women's health.

0

Linda’s Answer

I cannot recommend just one choice there are so much choices.  Just make sure you read you will learn new things everyday that you read

0

Katherine’s Answer

I'm not sure if this book has been said yet, but I'd highly recommend The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan. It is a wonderful compilation of essays and stories and its description reads, "An affecting and hope-filled posthumous collection of essays and stories from the talented young Yale graduate whose title essay captured the world’s attention in 2012 and turned her into an icon for her generation."

Enjoy!

0

Rory’s Answer

If reading "good books" for 30 minutes a day is your goal, and you are looking for role models women to inspire you and you have not already, start with the Bible. Read the story of Queen Esther, Miriam (Moses' sister), Sarah (mother of nations), Ruth, Hannah, Rachel, Leah, Abigail,  whose character growth has inspired generations of strong women.

Rory recommends the following next steps:

Pick one to start

0

Doris’s Answer

Hi Maria,

Great question and tough to answer because there are some many genres of books and each containing a wealth of information.

One book that I recently read is ‘Women Who Don’t Wait in Line’ by Reshma Saujani. Reshma describes her journey from being a lawyer, to politician to the founder of Girls Who Code.

If you like Science Fiction, check out the ‘Old Man’s War’ series by John Scalzi. The intro hooked me in,
“John Perry did two things on his seventy-fifth birthday. First, he visited his wife’s grave. Then he joined the army.”

Whatever you decide, enjoy the journey.
Happy reading!!

0

Dennis’s Answer

Hello, that is a tough and great question. Every one has their own comfort in reading, so here is what the "experts" would say to read. enjoy

1. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

0

Preeti’s Answer

One book I recommend everyone to read is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

0

Uday Rao’s Answer

"Everyone has a story"
by Savi Sharma

"This is not your story"
by Savi Sharma

Must read these books in life time.....

0

Andrew’s Answer

For me, lord of the rings.

Andrew recommends the following next steps:

Read LOTR!

Andrew - so funny but true. Truly visually satisfying reading. I love LOTR! However, I could do without the songs in "The Hobbit." Melisa Cameron

0

Carol’s Answer

For me all the best life lessons and advice come from the Bible. You can download the UVersion app on your phone and there is a read the Bible in a Year Plan. It breaks down so many chapters a day. Usually only takes 15-20 min of reading a day!

0

Sophia’s Answer

Since you mentioned an interest in Technology, Science and Women’s History, I would recommend the book:
Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race
by Margot Lee Shetterly

0

Maria’s Answer

I would suggest "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time"

Here is a quick description from Amazon

A bestselling modern classic—both poignant and funny—about a boy with autism who sets out to solve the murder of a neighbor's dog and discovers unexpected truths about himself and the world.

I loved it because it let me someone else's perspective on the world. Everyone thinks differently, and I think it is important to learn how others think

0

Heena’s Answer

The Genre can be different, so i cannot think of just one book:

- power of now
- power of subconsciuos mind
- mein kamf
- art of war

the latest i read - Girl, stop apologizing.

0

Veronica’s Answer

Hi Maria,
I would say in the beginning just read. Find a topic that interests you and read up on it. The point is to keep reading as a regular part of life. There are so many books out there, but here are some of my favorites.

Atomic Habits - James Clear
Drive - Daniel Pink
The Miracle Morning - Hal Elrod

0

Danielle’s Answer

Excellent question and have read several recommended on this thread. However, as a female in technology and engineering would also add 'How To Win Friends & Influence People' by Dale Carnegie. Personally I have found communication, both upwards and across an org, extremely helpful throughout my career. Enjoy the books you chosen. Best.

0

Mallory’s Answer

Radical Candor by Kim Scott

0

Brian’s Answer

There are so many great answers! Here are a few:
- How to win friends and influence people
- Talking to Strangers
- Thinking Fast and Slow

0

Roohan’s Answer

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho for sure.
Although I would recommend The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma, which is simple yet powerful.

0

Rebecca’s Answer

The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People

https://www.amazon.com/Languages-Appreciation-Workplace-Organizations-Encouraging/dp/0802418406

0

Susannah’s Answer

If you're interested in technology/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence a great book is
Hello World: How to be Human in the Age of the Machine by Hannah Fry.

It goes through how technology is impacting lots of different industries in a really interesting, funny and easy to read way!

0

Kimberly’s Answer

Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino it is a selection of numbered short stories about the Cities Marco Polo has visited. It is a classic in utopian literature. The book can be read cover to cover or by number. Each different read gives you a different view. Read cover to cover, odd numbers, even numbers, every third number, or backwards the book is special. It shows you how to look at a situation from different views. I originally read this book in college in a literature class and have revisited it many times since 1978. While it is not a typical book to be recommended it will not disappoint

0

Gerardo’s Answer

Both Dave Ramsey show and the book. This is fantastic way to set a great financial success path and keeping track of what you are spending, how you spending and the most important to become a millionaire when you are retired!! Youtube video RT shows helped me get an understanding of what to do when in debt and how to balance a successful financial path in our lives.

0

Melissa’s Answer

“The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” immediately came to mind. It’s an amazing true story that combines modern medicine and bioethics. Enjoy

0

Lucineh’s Answer

Hello Maria! That is a great habit you are trying to develop. I would suggest that you read The Big Short. It is an excellent book that has useful information about mortgage based securities and it also has a very interesting story.

0

Johanna’s Answer

7 habits of highly effective people

0

Luke’s Answer

I agree with what many have answered in that recommending a book broadly is tough, but Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely is an easy read with clear examples of how humans make decisions.

0

Priscilla’s Answer

Hi! The one book i would recommend is "the most powerful woman in the room is you" by Lydia Fenet. That book changed a lot of my view points and also solidified some of the actions i was taking in my everyday life and for my career. I listened to it through audible and really enjoyed her life story and lessons. Good luck!

Priscilla recommends the following next steps:

The most powerful woman in the room is you

0

Simeon’s Answer

I'd recommend the Enneagram book "Personality Types" by Riso and Hudson. The Enneagram personality system has been one of the most useful tools that I've come across over the years.

0

Nicholas’s Answer

Hi Maria! one book I've always recommended to my friends and family is to read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" This book is all about managing money and making the right moves to best advance your financial future. If you are interested in a job in the financial arena, or just hoping to prosper in your financial interests, this is the book for you, and a very good read!

0

Amrutha’s Answer

Zero to One, Book by Blake Masters and Peter Thiel. Its a quick read book with wonderful ideas for developing managerial skills.

0

Ryan’s Answer

I'd recommend Principles by Ray Dalio.

0

Alisha’s Answer

Who moved my cheese. By Spencer Johnson. I liked this book when I first read it. It is a simple analogy that explains change in a work place and ways to react to that change.

0

Aba’s Answer

Tony Robbins, Letters from a friend. Easy to read, uplifting and helps you find your best self.

0

Vernon’s Answer

I can't offer one single title for reading because there are so many genres. Here are some choices.

Politics: "Shock Doctrine", by Naomi Klein; "Dark Money", by Jane Mayer; "Collapse", by Jared Diamond; "Drift", by Rachel Maddow; "Racing to the Brink: The End Game for Race and Capitalism", by Vernon Turner

Science: "Ever Since Darwin", by Stephen J. Gould; "The Sixth Extinction", by .......; "A Brief History of Time", by Stephen Hawking, "On the Origin of Species", by Charles Darwin.

Novel: "Sophie's Choice", by William Stryon

Enjoy.

0

Allen’s Answer

Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. This will ensure your financial future

0

Allison’s Answer

I would recommend The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot!

0

Julian’s Answer

Hey Maria,

I would recommend “Becoming” by Michelle Obama it a very solid memoir by one of the strongest and powerful women in the world. This book is a 10/10 for me.

0

Romeo’s Answer

I have read a lot of books but the one life changing is "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey.

0

Sungmin’s Answer

Hello,

My recommendation is not a book but an article by Michael Sandel: The Case Against Perfection.

The work presents a view on the technological trends (particularly genetics) and argues about the possible harms that might occur with these changes.

Sungmin recommends the following next steps:

Link to source: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2004/04/the-case-against-perfection/302927/

0

Kirk’s Answer

Some great suggestions above and a number I have not read yet, so I appreciate all the good ideas that came before me.

A couple I do not see on here:

1. Right Risk by Bill Treasurer - I read this book when I am concerned fear is keeping me from making a necessary change in my life.

2. How To Fail At Everything And Still Win Big by Scott Adams - Adams provides examples from his life that illustrate how to change your thinking from a "goals based" approach to a "systems approach". Focusing on goals works for some problems, but others are stubborn and need a different approach.

0

Mark’s Answer

Eat That Frog

0

Pritesh’s Answer

For Leadership or even general leading type guidance for Professional or Personal, check out: Leading Without Authority by Ferrazzi

0

Elizabeth’s Answer

Speed of Trust, rank Covey

Alas, Babylon; by Pat Frank,

0

Absar Ul’s Answer

Hi Maria,

One of the books that I can suggest you is " Thinking Fast and slow " by Daniel Kahneman.

It talks about the cognitive study of human brain. -- that being from science.

Coming up to some Women empowerment book : I would suggest to go for "Becoming " by Michael Obama.

Hope this helps:)

Happy Reading <3

0

Imran’s Answer

Hi Maria,

One of my favourite is Atomic Habits and here is why -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdZ_q7vAJMk&t=2s

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/atomic-habits-small-changes-transformation-imran-ar/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base_post_details%3Bez7UGtY1Rp6jEpr3jdrIrg%3D%3D

0