Courtney J.’s Avatar

Courtney J.

51

1

What are some of the best jobs to look for in the hospitality/travel/tourism field in terms of salary and potential for growth?

Interested in the hospitality/travel/tourism field #business #management #travel #hospitality #tourism #financial-planning

I started as a bus person making gratuities and love it, then graduated to a Bellman and then made more! It depends upon what you want to do. Do not put your mind on money, like I did. It cost me in the long run, because I did not learn as much doing a repetitive job, as opposed to making less as a manager and growing every day. As you move up the ranks in Hotel or F&B Management, you will acquire the experience to make much more, and even open your own business as I have. Good luck, and best wishes! Garry Abbs
Last updated Aug 25 '17 at 09:59

One of the best companies to explore is Hyatt Hotels. They not only offer a path to continue growing and succeeding in various departments/roles through their Corporate Training Program, but they also provide the opportunity to live/work in many of their global locations...so you can travel the world! They are one of our favorite clients and we've had the opportunity to create these videos for their various job families: http://www.hyatt.jobs/media-gallery/video-gallery/ Best of luck!

Last updated Nov 15 '16 at 13:02
Great question and there are so many directions you may take. Many of which will change over time. I would think about what you love and have a passion for . Use this first as a launching point and this love will position you to start on the right path. Then head to next step
Last updated Aug 06 '17 at 10:01