4

Can someone realistically pursue acting while having a part-time job?

I want to be able to pursue my dreams in musical theatre while also having a stable job that interests me, like teaching piano or owning a small online business. #acting #theatre #theater #actors #musical-theatre #small-business #tutoring #live-theatre

4

2

Absolutely! In fact, working part time is one of the best ways to pursue acting. Having acted myself, and with friends that are currently working actors, I know that it takes money to act. Classes, headshots, submission costs, marketing, etc all takes money. A part time job can support that financially, while also having the flexibility to take classes and go on auditions in your off time.

2
1

Alexis’s Answer

Unless you're a trust fund kid or one of the lucky 1% that gets one gig after another, you need something else to supplement your income as an actor. Some even have a permanent full time day job, that is flexible enough to allow them to audition and do stuff in the side.

I truly believe that finding success in the field is about finding that job that can allow you to be artistically energized, yet fiscally comfortable. It's possible!

1
0

You will need to focus on stress and time management. In order to manage stress you have to manage your time wisely. <span style="background-color: transparent;">You have to set a routine for yourself and stick to it for the most part. Once you get into the groove of a routine it will be much easier for you to manage your time and have enough time for everything you need to do (including relaxing). Make yourself to-do lists on a weekly basis, use Google calendar or a planner to keep track of events, deadlines, and due dates. In addition to setting a routine and sticking to it, plan out relaxing activities into your day. Or set aside a time, after everything is done for the day, that you can have "me" time. I have also personally found it essential to not only find time for myself but also make use of that time in a way that is best for me and my holistic wellness. I have found the HeadSpace app to be an essential tool in helping me relax and generally feel more relaxed throughout the day, Guided meditation, even if you have a busy schedule, will make you feel more at ease and relaxed throughout the day as a whole (not just when you have the time to relax and focus on that "me" time).</span>

<span style="background-color: transparent;">Set a routine.Use Google Calendar.Set aside Me TimeWrite weekly to-do lists and use a planner.Find a peaceful and restful activity that will help you feel relaxed.</span>

0