Is studying biology or biomedcial engeneering as an undergraduate beter if I want to attend medical school after college?

4

I am visiting colleges this summer and trying to determine my course of study in college. I currently want to be either a Orthopedic Surgeon, Cardiologist, or Neurologist. #professor #pre-med #phd #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #neuroscience #orthopedics #cardiology

4

0
Pick a major that interests you. You will need to get good grades in college in order to apply for medical school. At the medical school I attended, the average GPA is reported to be 3.85, so even one or two B's can hurt your chances of acceptance.

Biomedical engineering probably offers more of a back-up plan if med school doesn't work out.
0

0
Major in whatever field interests you and will allow you to maintain an excellent GPA. I majored in Spanish literature and had no trouble with my med school applications. You do need to complete the pre-med requirements that vary from school to school. These include at least a year of biology, 1 year inorganic chemistry, 1 year organic chemistry + labs, physics, calculus, and biochemistry. Your junior year, you will need to take an MCAT study course prior to taking the MCAT. With a solid GPA and MCAT score, you should be a competitive applicant.

Be careful with any engineering degree because sometimes it can be hard to maintain a good GPA. You must try to have a 3.8+.
0

Ahmad’s Answer

0
Yes because it puts you i n the same atmospohere like the college afterwards. Specially if you gonna go for medical proffesinoal.
0