10

im not sure what career path i should take

Im a people person i love talking and giving advice, I'm really energetic and always happy. I #career-paths #career-path like being in a good environment. and I'm very athletic.

10

1

Kathy’s Answer

Hi Amira!

The way you feel is totally normal and understandable. I would recommend taking an online survey to help you think of some ideas first, and then go based off of those ideas by trying different career paths out. To do so, you can get an internship to gain some experience. You can also have an informational interview with someone who is in the career you're interested in to ask them what it's like.
1
1

Anel’s Answer

Hi Amira,

I would also recommend a career in counseling, teaching or education. You can utilize your athletic skills and work as a sports coach and provide guidance to your students. Another great option is to explore careers in sports medicine. You can utilize your skills by working as a physical therapist, sports medicine physician, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, or an athletic trainer.

You can also utilize the California Career Zone website to help you explore industry sectors, fields of study, colleges and different occupations. You can also take a quick assessment to see what careers you might be interested in doing. The website is free to use and really provides good insight to what you may want to do as a career.

https://www.cacareerzone.org/
1
1

Louise’s Answer

There are a lot of different directions you could go in with your skills. I agree with the above suggestions and would add:

Travel Agent: advice and being a people person would be assets when helping to plan someone's vacation
Tour Guide: advice, being a people person, and athleticism would help when showing people around and being on your feet a lot
Public Relations: advice and being a people person would be assets, and you could also do PR for an athletic-related company/organization
Sport Journalist: being a people person and athletic would help if you're interviewing sports figures
Advice Columnist: being a people person and giving advice are huge assets for this job

There are many more options beyond these. You can use everyone's suggestions as a jumping off point to do research, reach out to anyone you might know in the field and see if you can get internship experience.

1
0

Sanober’s Answer

Hi Amira!

I love that you have the self-awareness to see your great qualities and how they might be effective in the workforce. If you have the opportunity, check out local internships or positions for your interests so that you can get a feel for different career paths. Once submerged in the area, you will be able to better see how you are able to use your skills and passions in the career you may want to work in.

Best of luck on your journey!

Sanober
0
0

Simeon’s Answer

I could see you enjoying being a physical trainer or a nutritionist. The first talks to people about their bodies and how to improve or recover physically. The second helps people find diets and routines that will work best for their bodies and personal goals.
0
0

Rajesh’s Answer

Hi,

It's just a suggestion ,I feel you will love to be a Teacher.
Teaching is a great job where you can help students become a good engineer, doctor,lawyer,civi servant.
As you are energetic and happy, you definitely love in discussing your thoughts with students.
0
0

Miko’s Answer

If you love talking and giving advice maybe you should look into a school guidance counselor or the field of Psychology.
0
0

Gloria’s Answer

Hi amira,

There are a wide variety of jobs out there for people who like to interact with other people. Your goal should be to find something that you enjoy doing as well. When you give advice, what do you give advice about? I think that your real strength would be using that positive attitude and help others be more positive. Maybe your focus can be on helping others get into positive mindsets. I think Psychology would be a great field. Teaching would be another great area, teaching something that you really enjoy sharing. The best teachers I have ever had are those who are passionate about a subject and are flexible enough to change their teaching style to suit the needs of their students. That takes a great deal of skill to be able to see how and why a person is struggling and changing how you interact with them to make an impact.

Good luck in your career search. I think that whatever you find that helps people will be very rewarding.
Gloria
0
0

Hi Amira
Your mentors have given you some excellent advice. You have a really good sense of what you enjoy and the energy you bring which is a great start. You may also want to consider gaining more insight into your true strengths to enhance your decisions.
Discovering the strengths that come naturally to you will enable you to create a decision-tree of careers that will be a natural (and potentially better) fit for you. There are several assessments that can help you with this process. My favorite is StrengthsFinder, but find one that you are comfortable using. Best wishes to you.

Kim recommends the following next steps:

Research StrengthsFinder and other strengths assessments.
Take the assessment and review the report for reference to your career path.
Retain the report for reference and check back on it as your career path continues.
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

You can start considering career that giving professional advice, e.g. Doctors, Lawyers, Consultants of different industries, etc. There are plenty of careers that you can explore.
Firstly, I think you explore which professional you are interested. You can find more information on that subjects.
You can then take the relevant subjects in your school and subsequently take it as major in the unversity.
At the same time, you can explore any part time or intern opportunities in that industry. This gives you an opportunity for you to determine whether you are really interested in the industry. Sometimes, there is gap between the expectation and real time.
Hope this helps!
0