Maia V.

46

1

What subjects are best for an accountant?

I would like to study to be an accountant and in school we must choose 2 extra subjects to study for our future career. I would like to know which are the best 2 subjects for a great carrer . #business #computer #accounting #mathematics #business-development #it #accountant

Hi, Great question, I am not in Accounting but my sister in law is. Accounting is a good field as a general career and can offer a lot of specialization as well...I will offer a few suggestions for other courses...criminal justice is one area, with this you can go into Forensic Accounting and possibly have a career in a law enforcement agency. Another is public administration/government, this can open up careers for you in city, county, state and federal government. Anything in business and management will help you to be a leader/manager someday...you can really do almost anything with accounting, it depends a lot on your interests and goals as well. Good luck!

Last updated Jan 11 at 15:23

Hi Maia, I would suggest to take computer science and international business. As an accountant you will have to deal with different software/databases so technology knowledge might be really helpful. Also, being aware of diversity and different cultures in business world can help you as well. Best of luck!
Last updated Sep 29 at 12:11

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools