How hard it is to find an entry level job as a fresh engineering graduate?

I'm just wondering about my career path after college and I got a bit worried about this question. job engineering

2

Dan’s Answer

You will be able to get an entry-level engineering job.
Ok, that wasn't a direct answer to your question... How hard will it be? That depends.

The more of these that are true for you, the easier it will be:

1) You earned good grades in college (the higher your GPA, the better).
2) You liked your engineering classes so you paid attention and actually learned the material (rather than managing to pass yet not really understanding).
3) You have good social / people skills and can interview well. This usually means you practiced interviewing, are enthusiastic, and can efficiently explain why you are a great match for the specific job description.
4) You have a well written resume and someone else has reviewed your resume. This includes good formatting, spelling, grammar, and action verbage.
5) You are willing to relocate to a different town, city, or state.
6) You are flexible as to the exact job that you are willing to accept. There are many engineering jobs for any one degree so a little flexibility will help.
7) You have completed a work-study or co-op while in college.
8) You work on engineering projects on your own, outside of your college classes (because you like to do this).
9) You have one or more good technical references. Or one of your engineering professors.

I am pretty sure that you will get a job!
1

Barbara’s Answer

Hi there! I know a few people that graduated with mechanical engineering degrees 2 years ago and they were really worried once Covid hit. But perseverance and dedication will always pay off. Although, they interviewed, they were turned down. But their dedication paid off eventually and they found jobs at different software companies and are thriving. Relax, breathe and do your best and have a great attitude! You will do great!
0