4

What do you when you're a major in Business Management?

#business #entrepreneur #business-management #college-major #management

4

0

Rahila’s Answer

Hi Winona,

As shared by the other commenters, a business major will give you exposure to a variety of different fields - Marketing, Finance, Sales, Operations, HR Management, etc. Business underpins most industries and will likely be useful no matter what industry / occupation / path you elect. A business degree is not only valuable if you are interested in working for a for-profit company or pursuing entrepreneurship...I can also see many non-profits / government roles valuing a business degree as well. Some of the key skills you will acquire include: Critical and strategic thinking, fundamentals of finance, economics, communications, and leadership.
0
0

Summer’s Answer

Hi Winona - I completely agree with Josha. A business major is probably the most flexible and versatile major you can have as it allows you to try your hand at many different fields. It did that for me, I am a business major, started in office management and administration work, moved on to Sales, made my way to the Marketing field and from there entered into a leadership rule in the operations fields. It really opens so many different opportunities for you and I strongly encourage it.
0
0

Rick’s Answer

A business major is broad enough on your resume to gain access to many different types of jobs. You know about leadership, economics, accounting, and finance to name a few. I used my degree to get into insurance and it has helped me broaden my insurance career to include underwriting, claims and loss control.
0
0

Josha’s Answer

Great question Winona. One of the good parts about Business majors is there is a lot of flexibility and depending on the college you can specialize and focus on a certain area of interest. For example, if you want to take extra classes in marketing or accounting, you could do that and that would drive your ultimate career path. Many jobs prefer or require business majors, because the degree is so versatile. For example jobs in administrative roles, data entry, sales, marketing, finance, consulting.
0