6

Where did you start with beginning to learn programming?

I'm an 11th grader attempting to learn Python. #python #programming #computer-science

6

0

Zohra’s Answer

Hi Victory,

That's a great questions. I initially was a as self starter. Which means I googled some free online platforms to learn code as a beginner with no prior experience and there were a bunch. I used Flatiron school's free tutorial. I really liked it because they had developers who were up until 1 am to help you with any and all coding questions and helping to debug. Their dedication to helping gave me the confidence and boost to work a full time job, take grad classes and then code till 1 am every day. I ultimately joined a the boot camp and am successfully working as a developer for 4 plus years now.

Pitfalls I faced, I failed to join in time for the boot camp twice, because I bombed the pre-coding entrance exam..TWICE. Third time's the charm! I successfully finished the bootcamp without ever failing the exam and was able to finish with my cohort. Got a few offers and ultimately joined the firm I'm with now, and quite happy.

The best motivation is self motivation and the willingness to just start.

Good Luck!

0
0

Aaliyah J.’s Answer

Hi Victory! I hope all is well. You an begin learning programming by watching videos on YouTube. Also, LinkedIn Learning has numerous programming courses. If you do not have a LinkedIn, please create one.
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

To learn programming, the best is you start to do your own programming first.
If you are interested in Python, you can find some resources online to learn about the syntax and structure of python. Then, you can start your own coding. You can start coding on some simple project first, e.g. a calculator, control a robot, robotic car, etc. There are good exercise.
After you have familiar with the language, you can code something more complex.
Then, ther than Python, you can also try other programming languages, e.g. Sketch, etc
If you find you are interested in programming, you can consider to take Computer Science as your major in the college and become a developer after graduation.
Hope you enjoy programming! Good Luck!
0
0

Jerome’s Answer

If you really have an interest in the nuts-and-bolts of programming (and have time), working with your own small computer system and learning to program it is a great way to go. Pick up an inexpensive Raspberry PI or Arduino to play with. Once you have an understanding of your hardware and operating system, then you can explore assembly, moving on to higher-level languages like C and Python; these are available with all Linux distributions for free, and there are plenty of books, websites, and videos to help you along. After you've got the basics down, you may want to consider enrolling in courses to enhance your skills. I'd avoid the boot-camp approach unless you're really in a hurry, because they generally downplay deep understanding of the system in the interest of learning to "code".

0
0

James’s Answer

There are some great answers here. In addition, I wanted to send along this link for 7 free python resources. I have taken the Udacity course and really enjoyed it.

https://medium.com/pythoneers/7-free-python-resources-for-learning-in-2021-cc30a8601d12
0
0

Shresth’s Answer

Great choice!
Python is a good choice to start your programming journey, and you would find its application in a vast number of fields ranging from automation, networking, and web development.
You should look into courses from freecodecamp, youtube videos and udemy.
0