Good weekend-only jobs?

Asked Dallas, Texas

Hi. I'm just wondering if anybody knows of some good jobs that can hire people only for the weekends. I'm a college student who already works 20 hours a week at the library so the weekend is all that I can manage. I've been considering applying to restaurants and the like because it seems like that's where I'd have the best luck. #retail #restaurants #jobs-for-college-students #weekend-jobs

LaWanda’s Answer

Updated Lithonia, Georgia

Hi! Retail stores usually has weekend availability, try that. Good luck!

Camille’s Answer

Updated Washington, Washington

I worked at several restaurants throughout college. They always need people on the weekends and the money is good for the hours. Usually shifts were not longer than 6 hours. If you want to apply to a restaurant, you may need to start as a host and work in that for a while before you are a waiter. You should emphasize your customer service and time management skills.

Gary Stephen’s Answer

Updated Harlingen, Texas

Hi...good question, my family used to own/operate a office cleaning business and we had some people that only worked for us on weekends...could be a good thing to check into. good luck!

Thank you so much for your response. I'll definitely consider those in my search.
http://ask.metafilter.com/282285/What-are-some-good-weekend-jobs-I-might-not-know-about Here is another link I found online with some useful tips, you can also do a search on job search websites for weekend only jobs...indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, snagajob.com and other. good luck.

Terri’s Answer

Updated Washington

When I was a college student I worked the same as you and I added a weekend job at a group home , you can also try nursing homes or hospitals. Any place where you can work overnights Friday evening through Saturday morning, and then from Saturday evening though Sunday morning. Some places pay a little more, a differential, for working overnight hours.