hazel W.

which college/university is good for biotechnology?

i have at last decided that i would pursue biotechnology for sure. Now the question is which college/university should i apply for ? i also need some advice about which course should i take : bsc(biotechnology) , medical biotechnology, molecular biotechnology or genetic engineering . my aim is to go into RESEARCH. so which is the best course and university for this? #college #professor #university #college-admissions #biotechnology #college-advice #career-advice

Hi Hazel, I'm assuming you're applying to the United States? In that case I would do an internet research to find the top 50 universities in biotechnology/bioengineering. Then do the 2-2-2 method, where you pick your 2 reach schools from the top 10, 2 fit schools from the top 20, 2 safe schools from the top 50. I would also suggest not pursuing a biotechnology degree for your undergraduate degree unless you are 110% sure that's what you want to do. If you pick biology or chemistry, you'll still be able to do research later on but you'll have flexibility if you decide biotechnology isn't for you! Once you are in the college you can find a laboratory that specializes in biotechnology, become an undergraduate research assistant and pursue your graduate degree (which is essential for doing research). Best, Christos
Last updated Oct 02 '17 at 17:45

Hazel, the biotechnology field is very big in California. I would suggest looking at Biotechnology programs in the state of California, both public and private, to see what you can come up with. A lot of CA schools are very reputable for scientific research, especially the University of California system.

Last updated Apr 20 '17 at 13:04

Schools Add a school