4
Updated 74 views Translate

What was the process for becoming a volunteer for aquarium/zoo?

I understand if it is as simple as going in and asking but I would like to know the nuances of becoming a volunteer, such as what are the credentials for becoming one, such as a high school diploma or higher, licenses, ext.?

4

0

Saranya’s Answer

Hi Deandra,

Most of the volunteer program could be applied online. Check for types of volunteering program available.
Look for any age restrictions or qualifications required. If you have doubts clarify with the people who offers the volunteer program.
You will have to pass a background check and chances are they might look for COVID-19 Vaccinated.
Each opportunity might need a different set of physical requirements. Go through the volunteer requirements and check for any previous experience required.

Good luck with your hunt!
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice. Deandra T.
0
0

Fred’s Answer

It may depend on which specific zoo you are applying to. Each country/state/county may have different rules for who can volunteer as well. Most places that accept volunteers would list the requirements out on their website. Take a look at the zoo you are interested in, find their website, and hunt around for their volunteer page. See what it says.
Thank you comment icon thank you for your insight as it is very helpful Deandra T.
0
0

Sikawayi’s Answer

Hello Deandra, Thank you for your question. Yes, you are right about the process for volunteering, as far as I know you don't have to have any kind of degree to apply to be a volunteer. It's my understanding that the role you will play in the zoo/aquarium would depend more on age then experience. You see in most states in order to work with animals you have to be at least eighteen years old. Best of luck
Thank you comment icon oh thank you for your advice, it's good to know that as I recently turned eighteen. Deandra T.
0