Would being bilingual help in the artist management career?

I am a junior at BCCS interested in a career of artist management and I also know Spanish and want to study Spanish as a second language in college and I would like to know if it would be beneficial to a career in managing artist. #business #management #music #artists #artist-management

4

Erin’s Answer

Hi Erika. I'm going to be upfront by saying, I don't know much about the industry you are interested in but I felt compelled to tell you that being bilingual, especially in Spanish, will be beneficial in many facets of your career and life. If you decide you'd like to pursue another career path someday the Spanish language skills you posses are likely to be utilized in your new profession as well.

Erin

1

The simple answer is , "Yes". ANY additional skill-set you bring to the table is an asset. Even if you're not called upon to use it, if people know you can, and you are accurate in your translations [tech terms, contract language, etc], you might even find yourself "in demand".

1

Jessica’s Answer

Hello Erika, that's a great question.

I think being bilingual in any field is an advantage. It helps to connect with people on a more personal level when you are able to speak their native language.

So to answer your question yes, it's helpful to be bilingual.

Hi Erika, I'm happy to hear that your are even considering the notion of becoming bilingual in your educational development. Yes, as you have heard before being bilingual will always be an asset for you and will open doors in ares for you that later in your future, you may have not even thought of yet. Dream BIG and reach for the stars! Good Luck! Cheryl S.

1

Claudia’s Answer

Erica,
Absolutely! Polish your Spanish skills through college (grammar, conversation, etc), even try to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country if you are given the opportunity, and get as comfortable with the language as possible. Learn the language well. It will open many doors in many fields, just like all the great colleagues mentioned above.
Being bilingual (Spanish/English) has helped me a great deal when working with artists from various nationalities, and when traveling with touring ensembles.
Keep asking great questions, like the ones you already sent.
Claudia

0