What career pathways can I follow with a Political science degree?

I’m planning on majoring in political science but am unsure of what I want to do with this degree. I know I can go into law but I’d like to know about other career pathway options as well.

#law #politicalscience #politics #government #career #undecided #college

2

Jessica’s Answer

With a political scientist degree you can become a:

Policy Analyst
Legislative Assistant
Public Relations Specialist
Social Media Manager
Marketing Research Analyst
Political Consultant
Attorney
Intelligence Analyst
Political Campaign Staff
College Student Leadership and Activities Officer

These are just a few to name

https://www.thebalance.com/top-jobs-for-political-science-majors-2059632

Thank you! Nabeeha K.

you're welcome!!! Good luck Jessica Scott

1

Lashay’s Answer

I would encourage you to consider which level of politics is most interesting to you: city, county, state, or federal. Also think about what first interested you about the major: television show, news, current climate, local elections, something else. Then consider areas in which you'd like to research and intern. You can intern for credit or no credit, either way both are very valuable in helping you narrow down what you want to do by giving you direct experience. Some students take on more than one internship 1 per semester) so they can compare experiences. Good luck with your decision.

Lashay recommends the following next steps:

Google onet.org and type in political science I'm the search box. A list of related jobs will appear. Read the details of some of interest.
Ask your school career counselor how to take an internship, after choosing an area from the onet list

0