i don't what to major in ?

4

because i have very little time to decide what to do in collage #college #college-major #undecided #career-counseling

4

Inderroop’s Answer

1

Hey Ibrahim,

I remember this feeling! It feels like a very big decision that creeps up on you quickly. As others have mentioned, I'd recommend thinking about your passions, interests, and what is important to you. Some colleges and universities offer an "undecided" program where you can attend your first year and explore a variety of different classes to find what you want to pursue beginning in your second year. A lot of students change their majors once they've already selected them after a couple of years too because they find something that interests them more - so don't feel too stressed that your decision has to be perfect. There may be some subjects or careers that you haven't had any exposure too and college is a great place to start learning about them. Some people have the impression that shouldn't change their major as it may extend the time it takes to complete a program, but in my opinion, it's a small price to pay to ensure you don't end up doing something you never liked anyway!

Best of luck in your decision.

1

Lisa’s Answer

1
Just remember that what you major in does not dictate what job you will have for the rest of your life. Most people change careers 7+ times in their life. So think of college as a place to be curious about many different topics. Take classes that sound interesting. College helps you become a citizen of the world, so think about classes that will really expand how you think about life.

Lisa recommends the following next steps:

• Take classes that are actually interesting
1

Morgan’s Answer

0

I suggest thinking about qualities that you excel in, such as public speaking, analytical skills, or helping others. I also suggest thinking about what kinds of jobs would offer you fulfillment, such as if helping people or teaching others gives you satisfaction, that is an important factor to consider

0

Lei’s Answer

0
Hi Ibrahim!

First, a caveat: I'm located in the US, so my perspective will be based on what I've experienced in the US. It may be different where you are based - keep this in mind.

I think the most important things when picking a major are (in no particular order):
- Interest and personal satisfaction
- Skills match
- Earning power (unfortunate but true)

As mentioned in some other answers, your major, at least in the US, does not dictate your career path. I've known plenty of people who are working in a different field than what they majored in - your ability and interest is what ultimately determines your career path.

I think, once you figure out what you are interested in or passionate about, as well as what you are good at, you'll be in a good position to pick a major to start with. In the US, changing majors is pretty easy in most universities, but I don't know what it's like in Egypt. If changing majors is difficult there, or if your major really limits your future career path, you may want to think about that a bit more.

Hope this helps!
0

Ada’s Answer

0

Picking a major is really important and I suggest asking yourself what is important to you. For me, I wanted to major in something I as good at and that lead to job security and flexibility. I landed with accounting. Ask yourself what's important and what gives you satisfaction.

0