Career Questions tagged Emergency Management

Eamonn M.’s Avatar
Eamonn M. Jan 16, 2018 378 views

How hard can it be to get a career in a field unrelated to your major?

I'm looking forward to college and studying Biology (or Geology) and writing/communication. I'm gonna play music and two sports on the side, work a job, hang out with friends, and pretty much whale away at my future without a shred of a plan. Ok, so I'm kidding about that last part, but I...

academic-advising college-major career-counseling writing emergency-management biology career

Zoe G.’s Avatar
Zoe G. Jan 16, 2018 316 views

What is a day like for an Emergency Management Professional?

I will be going for a Masters in Emergency Management after I attain my Bachelors in Public Adminstration from UCF with a minor in emergency management. After getting my Bachelors I want to spend a year of service with FEMACorp to make sure this is a field I could love. If I had a better idea...

emergency-management emergency-preparedness

Hailee D.’s Avatar
Hailee D. Oct 27, 2016 559 views

What kind of classes should in college if I want to succeed in being a Firefighter?

I am working towards my dream career and I don't know the specific classes I should take to prepare for that. firefighting emt...

emergency-management

Jane U.’s Avatar
Jane U. Oct 23, 2016 591 views

How do you ( a medical doctor) calm yourself down in dire situations?

For example when a patient is dying. I would like to know because I've always wanted to be a doctor since I was little, but I'm not sure how I'll handle myself in those situations. I think tips would be helpful. doctor medicine emergency-room stress-management...

emergency-management