Career Questions tagged Racism

Madelyn’s Avatar
Madelyn Aug 28, 2020 473 views

what are some possible careers where i can investigate racism and racial awareness?

I feel very passionately about racism and I would love to educate other about this topic, what are some possible career opportunities related to this? #career #racism #educate

Fathima’s Avatar
Fathima Jan 17, 2018 539 views

What should I expect when it comes to sexism and racism in the STEM field, because I know it's quite pervasive in the US?

I'm South Asian, muslim, and a woman, and so far I've not experienced a lot of sexist or racist treatment, but I expect I'll run into it eventually. Is there any ideology I should keep in mind, or any resources I should look into?

#racism #sexism #biology #biotechnology #women-in-stem

Tasha’s Avatar
Tasha Sep 04, 2017 700 views

Can cultural matching be a form of racism?

In a Anthropology type class I took at my school, I learned that sometimes employers will find interest in a candidate if they share something with that employer-cultural matching. Since I go to a community college, I've always felt it doesn't look good on my resume because the stigmas behind...