Skip to main content
2 answers
2
Asked 366 views

what to do to help me in horseback riding ?

how to help me with horse back riding and make a profession job out for this


2

2 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Kelly’s Answer

Choose your passion: Decide on a specific area like dressage, show jumping, eventing, or western riding that excites you.

Dive into hands-on learning: Volunteer or work at local barns to help with chores, grooming, or exercising horses. This will give you a real feel for the industry.

Earn your credentials: Get certified by organizations like the Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) or ARIA to boost your professional standing.

Learn from the best: Intern or assist experienced trainers or riding instructors to gain valuable insights.

Discover your future: Explore different career options such as becoming a riding instructor, horse trainer, barn manager, or trail guide.
Thank you comment icon i do dressage and jumping i had a lesson yesterday and I was galloping and I did some jumps she said I was really good and that I just need to work on how to make my horse go in the middle of the jump so I don't fall off cuz I fell off yesterday it didn't it didn't really hurt because i stood up a little bit but then I fell back on the jumpl and scrape my elbow but that was all but I'm fine and I got back up cuz you always supposed to get back up cuz you always got to get back up Sasha
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Chinyere’s Answer

Hi Sasha,

If you really enjoy horseback riding and want to turn it into a career, there are more possibilities than becoming a professional rider. The equine industry includes several different careers, so the first step is figuring out which part of working with horses you enjoy most.

You could look into careers such as professional riding, horse training, riding instruction, equine care and stable management, equine-assisted services, veterinary work, farriery, breeding, or equestrian event management. Some people also build careers around running riding schools, boarding facilities, or equestrian businesses.

While you're still learning, focus on becoming a well-rounded rider rather than worrying about turning it into a job immediately. Work with experienced instructors, learn proper horse care and stable management, and try different riding disciplines if you have access to them. Understanding horse behavior, nutrition, grooming, basic first aid, and stable operations can be just as valuable as improving your riding skills.

I'd also recommend getting practical experience at a reputable stable or equestrian centre. Ask whether you can volunteer or work part-time doing appropriate tasks. This will let you see what the industry is actually like behind the scenes. You may discover that you love teaching riders or caring for horses more than competing yourself.

If you're considering college, look for programmes related to equine studies, animal science, agriculture, veterinary science, sports management, or business, depending on the career direction you choose. You don't necessarily need a specialized degree for every equine career, though education and recognized training can help.

One important thing to remember is that making horses your career doesn't have to mean relying entirely on competitive riding. You can combine your passion for horses with another skill, such as teaching, business, animal health, marketing, or management. That can give you more career options and income sources as you build experience.

Start by getting more experience around horses, talk to people already working in the field, and pay attention to which parts of the work you enjoy most. That will give you a much clearer idea of where your passion could become a profession.

Best wishes!
0