I want to go to college to become a pediatrician, what college courses should I take?

Asked Laurinburg, North Carolina

I've always wanted to become a pediatrician, and I'm close to graduating and I'm not sure what classes I should take. Any suggestions? #medicine #health #pediatrics #pediatrician #pediatric-nursing

Ruth’s Answer

Updated Hagerstown, Maryland

You will need some basic bio/chem and physics classes. But each medical school has it's own requirements- look up the reqs for where you think you want to go. When I was applying ( in the dark ages:) The one that would have stalled me if I had decided to go there was U Minnesota had a requirement for 3 college lit classes.- I love to read, but as a double science major, had not done even one (I took one my senior year as I was applying- and would have used summer school to do the other two.)

Both when I was at school, and a lot of the students I work with now are not science majors. Once you have your basic classes- think about the major that fits you.-

- a child psych / dev class would also be useful.

Blake R.’s Answer

Updated Grapevine, Texas

Mainly focus in pediatrics.

Wael’s Answer

Updated Redford Charter Township, Michigan

The link below has the complete process.

http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/doctor/