I want to go to college to become a pediatrician, what college courses should I take?

Asked Laurinburg, North Carolina

I've always wanted to become a pediatrician, and I'm close to graduating and I'm not sure what classes I should take. Any suggestions? #medicine #health #pediatrics #pediatrician #pediatric-nursing

Wael’s Answer

Updated Redford Charter Township, Michigan

The link below has the complete process.

http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/doctor/

Ruth’s Answer

Updated Hagerstown, Maryland

You will need some basic bio/chem and physics classes. But each medical school has it's own requirements- look up the reqs for where you think you want to go. When I was applying ( in the dark ages:) The one that would have stalled me if I had decided to go there was U Minnesota had a requirement for 3 college lit classes.- I love to read, but as a double science major, had not done even one (I took one my senior year as I was applying- and would have used summer school to do the other two.)

Both when I was at school, and a lot of the students I work with now are not science majors. Once you have your basic classes- think about the major that fits you.-

- a child psych / dev class would also be useful.

Blake R.’s Answer

Updated Grapevine, Texas

Mainly focus in pediatrics.