What are some 'remote' jobs college students can do to build skills?

Updated Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I have noticed that there are a lot of remote jobs available nowadays, like freelance writing or helping out with data. Are these jobs good to build resume skills? If I don't have time for a full-time job, could these be useful for cash and testing professional skills? #college #career #job-search #resume #career-advice #job-application #personal-development

Joel’s Answer

Updated Austin, Texas
Hi Jackie, Remote jobs definitely make it easier for a college student, especially if they are part-time, and do give good experience for resumes. I also agree that it is becoming much more common, but also that you do need to be careful with job postings. I always think of the expression "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." That being said, there are many jobs you can get online, full or part-time. Here are a few good websites to help you find some: https://www.flexjobs.com/jobs/telecommuting-Remote-jobs http://ratracerebellion.com/ And, of course, you can search Indeed, LinkedIn and Monster by "remote jobs" to find even more. I would suggest also focusing on what you enjoy and are skilled at, rather than simply looking for remote jobs in general. If you can find both, perfect! Just be mindful that jobs are legit. Good luck!

Sophia’s Answer

Updated Charleston, South Carolina

Definitely a good thing to start looking into, but there are a lot that are scams, so be careful. I actually have a remote part-time and am a remote business owner also for www.arise.com my business is New Endeavors, LLC, IBO: 97985, so feel free to check out the remote opportunities there. They are definitely legit and flexible.

Katy’s Answer

Updated Minneapolis, Minnesota

Yes, but be careful. Some could be scammers. Do your homework before you provide personal information.

Remote employment is not uncommon in many industries. With the digital age, the workforce is much more expansive with many working from home or in satellite facilities. Companies save money not having to maintain facilities and employees gain convenience in cutting out commute time, vehicle maintenance and gas.

Ken’s Answer

Updated Cleveland, Ohio

Congratulations on wanting to get ahead but I feel strongly that you need to have a face to face conversation with someone in your intended career field or your academic adviser to get appropriate information